Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2021, 03:00 PM   #1

Central locking issues….. HELP!!!!

Hello all! I have a 03 Boxster base that I rescued with a blown engine (76,670 miles) about 3 yrs ago! Yes was the infamous IMS bearing culprit…….. Just recently swapped engine with same 2.7 and is running great and now working on other issues.…… car was in great condition! Person stated that only drivers heated seat and tail sensor not functioning where only issues prior to engine implosion.

Now current issues…… Both Key fobs don’t work (read several posts for ways to make work again to no avail). Key in door does not make passenger door/gas lock function. Was able to use friends Autologic machine to run through the “alarm” system functions and thought it might be the drivers door lock screwing things up with the sensor maybe being bad as showed 61 “center locking limit unlock position not reached” and 47 “central locking synchronization”. Could make passenger door lock function with autologic. So replaced drivers door lock hoping to cure issue, nope did not fix….. then had issues with hood release so changed switch, still did not work….. checked alarm module under drivers seat fuse was blown, changed and Walla manually locking and unlocking (with key) made passenger door/gas tank function! And could use switch in car to function locks! Though was on the right path…. So ran Autologic program again and still could not get alarm horn to function (never has worked when checking functioning)…. Ran out of 15 amp fuses as something is making the fuse blow….. I did open the circuit board (one under seat) and looks brand new still! No bad connections apparent nor does anything look burn or smell.

I have the Most radio which powers up and looks like functioning but no sound…… assuming this may be related or just issue as those radios are finicky at best. Already plan to send unit and amp back to Becker is not related to current issue (like the stock look)……

Would be greatly appreciated any insight or suggestions to fix my issues….. am thinking will have to take to stealership for dx and don’t have access to the right computer to figure this out…. Wish this site was easier to post pictures…… lol! Thanks in advance to everyone and again open to suggestions other than taking to stealership……

Novas1but74 is offline   Reply With Quote