Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2021, 04:11 PM   #1

P-1130 and P-1128 with rough idle fix

Posted in tech chat. Figured to post it here. Sorry for the double.

Really dumb moment for me here but I figured I would share. I have been battling an unstable idle and codes mentioned above for a few weeks now.

Replaced maf sensor. AOS. Check for vacuum leaks what seems like every other day.

Turns out I didn’t fully seat the air intake filter cover. What appeared to be closed was actually open on the bottom portion of it. Only reason I noticed is I replaced the air filter again and as ran my fingers around the cover I noticed it’s not seated. The filter cover appears to be fully seated as it seems tight towards the bottom entry. It needs to be pushed it until it can’t go any more.....

So... months of searching and reading this forum brought me to one conclusion. It ain’t always as hard as it might seem...

Cheers Boxster people....

Sand blister is offline   Reply With Quote