Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #1

Lux Wheels

Early last year, I bought a set of Litronics from this Ebay seller and found the prices to be excellent. However, the owner's communication wasn't so hot. It took three weeks to get my headlamps.

I guess too much water passed under the bridge because I just bought a set of center caps from him three weeks ago. I wish I had not done that now.

One of the four caps I received was not the same (three were full color, one was black and silver only). He didn't check the contents of the Porsche boxes before he shipped it out to me. I did get him on the phone the day I received them, and he was really nice and said he'd ship another out ASAP and I would not have to wait for him to receive the odd one back. I did, however, send the odd center cap back the same day via priority mail.

That was two weeks ago and he's never returned a phone call or an email since.

I think I know what's happened. He's sent the center cap back to the warehouse to be swapped out with the right thing and when it comes in, he'll send it to me when he gets around to it. Because he hasn't gotten it in, he's not willing to call or email me and tell me he's waiting because he wants to have something definite to tell me, preferably that it's on the way to me and I should get it in a couple of days.

So, if you are tempted by Lux's great prices on litronics, center caps, etc., then I would recommend you take a big patience pill.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 11-09-2006 at 05:59 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #2

wasn't there a poster on this site with that screen name?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #3
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
wasn't there a poster on this site with that screen name?
We have an active Forum member with the screen name LUX.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:38 PM   #4

I bought a ball cap from them and it took a couple of weeks to finally get it. I received an e-mail from them last week apologizing for the delay but that the owner had been diagnosed with cancer earlier this year and had been preoccupied with dealing with his own health. Having survived a couple of rounds with cancer myself, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand, I didn't think his prices were all that great.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:42 AM   #5

Boy, that answers a lot of questions for me. I'll be far more patient about this from now on. Fighting cancer of any kind with radiation and chemo is one hard way to live through it...
Old 11-09-2006, 06:04 PM   #6

Quick update: The owner of Lux Wheels and Accessories called me tonight after I sent a message through paypal arbitration. I knew that would get his attention.

He appologized and said he had been at the doctors offices day after day and is now getting chemo for cancer. My correct center cap is on the way.

He also said he gets hundreds of emails a day from eBay inquiries alone and has a really hard time keeping up with them, even when he's feeling great.

I just thought I'd post this info in case any other forum member was waiting impatiently on his or her products. It explains a lot.

He did say he found a person he could trust to answer emails and and work with his customers and he would be transferring work to them soon.