Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #1

Looking for Jon in OK

Not a personal add (sounds like a bad country song)

I'm looking for throttle pedal wiring connectors for both the pedal and harness side of a 986. I asked woody and the lucky guy has moved on to bigger and better things, but suggested i try to find Jon in Oklahoma.

Anyone know his forum tag?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Old 08-04-2021, 06:39 PM   #2

Sent you a PM.

Rick
Old 08-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #3
FHW

Garage
Maybe Jon Russell

This might be Jon Russell from Oklahoma, great guy and is very knowledgeable. His contact name is 78f350.
FHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:18 AM   #4
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Hi Ike, I have been spending the week with my kids and grandkids in cabins by a lake with no internet or cell service. It's been awesome, but I came home last night to take care of a few things and I'm heading back out in a couple hours.

I have a stripped 2000 S that I'm going to to haul off for scrap next week. I will cut the good connectors from harness before it goes. I'm heading back to the lake until Saturday night, so I probably will not reply to any more posts or messages until Sunday.

Old 08-05-2021, 09:45 AM   #5

Thanks everyone! Jon, I sent you a PM. Have a great time at the lake.
Old 08-06-2021, 07:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Hi Ike, I have been spending the week with my kids and grandkids in cabins by a lake with no internet or cell service. It's been awesome, but I came home last night to take care of a few things and I'm heading back out in a couple hours.

I have a stripped 2000 S that I'm going to to haul off for scrap next week. I will cut the good connectors from harness before it goes. I'm heading back to the lake until Saturday night, so I probably will not reply to any more posts or messages until Sunday.

Not to highjack the thread, but I’m looking for a 3-pin connector (2 wires) from the convertible top position sensor on the driver side near the crank, if you can help at all while you are at it. Thanks.
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:47 AM   #7

Sorry I couldn't remember your forum name at the time. I figured if anyone on here had one, it would be Jon
Old 08-08-2021, 11:50 AM   #8

Garage
Ike, do you really want me to cut it? I can't un-cut it once it's done and you can buy the whole thing and cut it yourself if that works better. Let me know. Money? I'll take as much as you are willing to pay. No Bitcoin, but I will accept fractional shares of $GME (I like the stock).

Old 08-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #9

Garage
Boxstard, are you looking for the plug that connects to the "B-Pillar Switch"? The car I'm stripping is a 2000 model, so it has three wires, but the connector is the same as the '97-'99.

B-Pillar micro switch (98661310102)