Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #1

SD987...Picture from Korea

SD,

Kahgogi anyone? Would this be "medium rare"?

RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail26
SD,

Hi,

An nyong hi Ka ship sio! Don't knock Korea. I did a hitch there as an IP transitioning ROK pilots from the F-100 Super Sabre to the F4 Phantom at Kimpo, west of Seoul, for the USN. I loved it, the people (especially the women ), the food, the Soju, especially the Soju! Used to take leave seaside in Pusan!

I picked up a passing knowledge of the language, even had my own Han-Bok. I was back in '88 for the Olympics and the city had grown tremendously, but I still loved it.

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 11-02-2006 at 11:45 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:28 AM   #3

I spent a year there in '04 down at Camp Humphreys. I flew RC-12 guardrails on the North Korean border. The food is good when you didn't get too far from the reservation and eat some weird crap. The soju is absolutely evil...for some reason I always ended up fully clothed in my shower when I drank that stuff. I loved flying down to Pusan, Gwangju, Jeju do and Kunsan. Gimpo is still there, however they built a giant new airport (forgot the name) west of Seoul. Korean beer leaves a lot to be desired (Hite). Korea was a hoot, but once was enough for me.

Funny story about an F4...I was coming back from my recon track and the airspace around Osan was closed due to a lost F4. I couldn't imagine being lost at 300kts on a 200 mile wide peninsula. The Korean freaked out, wasn't talking on the radio and was flying back and forth trying to figure out where he was. I guess he forgot to thrown on the Tacan and find his way home.

The phantom is one of my favorite airplanes. I have never flown anything like that, would give the left testi to do it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

An nyong hi Ka ship sio! Don't knock Korea. I did a hitch there as an IP transitioning ROK pilots from the F-100 Super Sabre to the F4 Phantom at Kimpo, west of Seoul, for the USN. I loved it, the people (especially the women ), the food, the Soju, especially the Soju! Used to take leave seaside in Pusan!

I picked up a passing knowledge of the language, even had my own Han-Bok. I was back in '88 for the Olympics and the city had grown tremendously, but I still loved it.

RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

Old 11-03-2006, 05:51 AM   #4
blkboxster

Quote:
SD,

ahahhahahhahahaha,lol,i think maybe rare
Old 11-03-2006, 09:26 AM   #5

Quote:
...The soju is absolutely evil...for some reason I always ended up fully clothed in my shower when I drank that stuff. I loved flying down to Pusan, Gwangju, Jeju do and Kunsan. Gimpo is still there, however they built a giant new airport (forgot the name) west of Seoul. Korean beer leaves a lot to be desired (Hite). Korea was a hoot, but once was enough for me.

Funny story about an F4...I was coming back from my recon track and the airspace around Osan was closed due to a lost F4. I couldn't imagine being lost at 300kts on a 200 mile wide peninsula. The Korean freaked out, wasn't talking on the radio and was flying back and forth trying to figure out where he was. I guess he forgot to thrown on the Tacan and find his way home.

The phantom is one of my favorite airplanes. I have never flown anything like that, would give the left testi to do it though.
Hi,

Yea, I forgot that Kimpo is now Gimpo. Soju is evil, at one 'Graduation' celebration, the ROK guys took me on the town. We started lite, drinking OB Beer (very good actually), then came the Soju... about 3 hrs. later, one of the ROK drivers leaned over to me and with one eye closed asked in broken english, "You know why they call it Soju...?" I said no, "You drink it soju can't stand up!... "

The ROKs were good pilots, but too rigid, not very adaptable if things went south. I loved the Phantom, it was Big, Heavy, Thirsty, a Smoker, the MIGs could turn inside us (if we let them), but it could get you outta dodge in a bigtime hurry! If we didn't wanna play, I could just push to full Mil and leave them in the dust. It could take a lot of damage (from both combat and carrier traps) and still be an airplane.

My only funny story in the Phantom was at Mirimar. We were on a day hop to lead a flight of A4s up to Boeing Field for an avionics upgrade. On the way back, one of the Skyhawks started getting turbine problems and a Fire Warning indicator, even though nothing was visible, not good in a single engine airplane.

The remaining flight was RTB'd and we were vectored to Castle AFB (now closed). Not wanting to declare an emergency to the Air Force, the Shyhawk driver explained his problem and asked approach control for immediate clearance.

They responded by directing us into the pattern and to hold, that they had a B52 declaring an emergency with 1 engine out. My GIB in the back seat immediately responded "Roger Approach, understand, 1 of his 8 engines is out..." after about a 5 sec. silence, Approach came back and gave us immediate clearance...

Last edited by MNBoxster; 11-03-2006 at 06:35 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #6

That's no joke my pal who is Korean (notice they never south Korean?)
says his mom told him that after the big war there eating dog was not all
uncommon because the country was a mess and no one had a dime.
Kinda like those stories you hear about the North Koreans eating zoo animals,
horse, random Chinese who got lost...
There was a great story about Kim Jong Il in last week's Newsweek. Apparently our highly academic President has made it personal after Kim Jong Il learned that Dubya was telling world and Congressional leaders privately (which of course was leaked) that KJI is "pygmy who behaves like a spoiled child". Can you say nukular?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:18 AM   #7

Herro?,

Do you have any idea how f*cking busy I am?

I cannot berieve that I have a forum member showing me pictures of a woman eating a dog.

Now, take your pictures of dog-eating women and get the f*ck out of here!

And Perfect-rap, the reason Koreans in this country don’t identify themserves as being from North or South Korea is because they’re arr South Korean. Just rike in the Cold War era. German visitors to the U.S. didn’t say “I’m from West Germany”, because everyone knew that the chance of running into an East German outside of East Germany were pretty srim.

Why is everyone so f*cking stupid? Why aren’t more people interrigent, rike me?

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #8

I also heard you had your favorite asian movie star kidnaped to keep all to yourself and that you spend $10,000 a year on Cognac. You have to work on your P.R.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #9

If you haven't already checked out "Team America: World Police" do so! It's a blast!

bob

www.teamamerica.com
BoxsterSbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:30 PM   #10

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you're looking at a Japanese gal, not a Korean gal.

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/10/30/update_on_girl_who_p.html
Old 11-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD987
Herro?,

Do you have any idea how f*cking busy I am?

I cannot berieve that I have a forum member showing me pictures of a woman eating a dog.

Now, take your pictures of dog-eating women and get the f*ck out of here!

And Perfect-rap, the reason Koreans in this country don’t identify themserves as being from North or South Korea is because they’re arr South Korean. Just rike in the Cold War era. German visitors to the U.S. didn’t say “I’m from West Germany”, because everyone knew that the chance of running into an East German outside of East Germany were pretty srim.

Why is everyone so f*cking stupid? Why aren’t more people interrigent, rike me?

My mouth was full of fresh-roasted macadamias when I read this. I laughed so f*ckin hard I lost them all. Gotta clean up now. Thanks for making my day.

Perfect-rap = priceless!!
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:27 AM   #12

Holy crap that was funny...what is up with the broad eating the cat's butt (the last picture)?
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

Old 11-04-2006, 05:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Holy crap that was funny...what is up with the broad eating the cat's butt (the last picture)?
The cat asked nicely?

JackG is offline   Reply With Quote