Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2021, 09:24 AM   #1

Which brand for bypass pipes

I’m trying to locate a set of circuit werks secondary cat bypass pipes and they are out of stock and they said they aren’t sure when they will be. I can’t find any other reasonable products around the same 150$ price. Any suggestions?

Escott1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escott1622 View Post
I’m trying to locate a set of circuit werks secondary cat bypass pipes and they are out of stock and they said they aren’t sure when they will be. I can’t find any other reasonable products around the same 150$ price. Any suggestions?
A good exhaust guy with a pipe bender can fab them for you out of aluminized steel for about that price. There's really nothing special to em. They won't be mandrel bent but I doubt that it will make a big difference in flow if the rest of the system is remaining stock.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2021, 11:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
A good exhaust guy with a pipe bender can fab them for you out of aluminized steel for about that price. There's really nothing special to em. They won't be mandrel bent but I doubt that it will make a big difference in flow if the rest of the system is remaining stock.

It’ll be attached to the fister muffler. Was hoping I could do a bolt on without having to go get a custom set made. If that’s the only way then sure but I hope to avoid it
Old 02-25-2021, 11:58 AM   #4
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
The 3 brands I know of are Circuit werks, top speed and Fabspeed. Circuit werks are the cheapest and i've heard nothing bad about them. Top speed is a two pipe per side system that may be easier to fit. This is the one you can use the easy seal clamps on. The Fabspeed are the same design as the Circuit Werks only way more money, but probably better quality.
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy583 View Post
The 3 brands I know of are Circuit werks, top speed and Fabspeed. Circuit werks are the cheapest and i've heard nothing bad about them. Top speed is a two pipe per side system that may be easier to fit. This is the one you can use the easy seal clamps on. The Fabspeed are the same design as the Circuit Werks only way more money, but probably better quality.
I couldn’t find the top speed anywhere
Old 02-25-2021, 01:06 PM   #6
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
Yeah I'm not sure they sell them on ebay anymore. I though there was a direct link to them someplace on this site. Maybe do a search for it. Not sure they are even in business anymore.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:12 PM   #7
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
I just found their website. They don't list the bypass pipes any place on their site. I'm almost positive the top speed and circuit werks are just resellers of aftermarket pipes made in china by alibaba or some other company over there.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy583 View Post
I just found their website. They don't list the bypass pipes any place on their site. I'm almost positive the top speed and circuit werks are just resellers of aftermarket pipes made in china by alibaba or some other company over there.
I’d be willing to get it from China I need it by the 25th of March though so that probably won’t happen unless it’s great shipping
Old 02-25-2021, 03:38 PM   #9
2007 Cayman S

By-Pass pipes

Top Speed no longer supplies the by-pass pipes. Circuit Werks still offers them, but is out of stock and is not exactly sure when they will have more. I have installed pipes from both companies and had no problems. They both seemed equal on quality. The Top Speed pipes come in two pieces, which seemed less desirable to me than the one piece from Circuit Werks - more opportunity for exhaust leaks in the two piece was my concern. However, careful installation should overcome that concern. They both are made in China. I found my last set (which was Circuit Werks) on the PCA Mart slightly used. Then I bought a new set of hardware/gaskets from Circuit Werks ($28). Finding a used set may be your only option in the near term or pay $600 for FabSpeed - ugh. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by por356c View Post
Top Speed no longer supplies the by-pass pipes. Circuit Werks still offers them, but is out of stock and is not exactly sure when they will have more. I have installed pipes from both companies and had no problems. They both seemed equal on quality. The Top Speed pipes come in two pieces, which seemed less desirable to me than the one piece from Circuit Werks - more opportunity for exhaust leaks in the two piece was my concern. However, careful installation should overcome that concern. They both are made in China. I found my last set (which was Circuit Werks) on the PCA Mart slightly used. Then I bought a new set of hardware/gaskets from Circuit Werks ($28). Finding a used set may be your only option in the near term or pay $600 for FabSpeed - ugh. Good luck.
I emailed circuit werks and they said it’ll be more than a month. I found a post on eBay for them and asked and they said atleast 6 months. Whoever these companies get them from in China must be at ahalt. I posted a want to buy here and on rennlist
Old 02-25-2021, 04:35 PM   #11

If you can find 29 friends, you can get them cheap: https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600140348051/Porsc-he-Boxster-97-99-2.html
Old 02-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked & Blown View Post
If you can find 29 friends, you can get them cheap: https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600140348051/Porsc-he-Boxster-97-99-2.html
I was gonna say - all this stuff comes from alibaba, just branded for large orders.

If you can't get them anytime soon in still stay its worth a call to an exhaust guy. It may be "custom" but the flanges will cost $20 on Amazon and 10' of 2" aluminized steel pipe will be less than $50, then 1-2 hour of fab time and weld-up. You'll save yourself time and cash by removing the stock midpipes yourself too.