986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Deluboz exhaust (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/7849-deluboz-exhaust.html)

kwu 10-20-2006 08:53 PM

Deluboz exhaust

Anyone out there get Che's exhaust since he became a sponsor? I'm thinking about getting one, just wanted to see if anyone else had any feedback? Thanks.

Darin 10-21-2006 04:27 AM

kwu,

I just ordered mine yesterday. Che responds very quickly to your questions.
I am really looking forward to adding the standard exhaust to my 97 Boxster. Hopefully, if money allows, I will do the headers after the holidays.

I will be posting my experience here in the forum. I want to get some before and after sound clips posted. Most people would like to hear the difference.

Darin

denverpete 10-21-2006 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwu
Anyone out there get Che's exhaust since he became a sponsor? I'm thinking about getting one, just wanted to see if anyone else had any feedback? Thanks.

You're kidding right? This is probably one of the most covered threads in recent history.

http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/7248-performance-exhaust-header-boxster.html

The search tool is a powerful thing....

Houston C4S 10-21-2006 06:38 AM

Greetings Boxsters and Boxsterettes,

Just a quick note here. I drove Randall's car briefly the other day
and he is correct about there being a throaty resonance at 2000 -
2,500 or so rpm. But the sound is really nice higher in the rev
range.

As I told him about the resonance, that's what the gearbox
is for.

Anyway, he will have a more comprehensive report soon. He has
taken the car to the Texas hill country for the weekend and
I am sure he will report in.

I gave him some really great road suggestions -- at least I think
so -- so he is probably out there right now making exhaust music
for the deers, turkeys and armadillos.

So if you like an audible exhaust, it will make you very happy.
You just may want to keep the revs a little higher.

There you go, do with it what you will and have a great driving
day.

Best,

- Mark

kwu 10-21-2006 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverpete
You're kidding right? This is probably one of the most covered threads in recent history.

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7248

The search tool is a powerful thing....

I've followed along with that thread. Just wanted to see if anybody else had any feedback.

DAAM421 10-21-2006 07:53 AM

:) The Fab Speed Cat Bypass Pipe Cut Down The Noise In 2500 To 3000 Rpm Range...not As Loud ,more Race\sport Sound

RandallNeighbour 10-21-2006 01:44 PM

of course, the bypass pipes won't pass emissions, right?

DAAM421 10-21-2006 01:53 PM

FABSPEED SAID IT WILL. O2 SENSORS ARE BEFORE THE SECOND PAIR of cats.. second pair are deleted and i have no cel ...dont forget first set are on headers

i have a 03 boxster fabspeed.com pics and info onsite

kwu 11-06-2006 04:31 PM

deluboz exhaust

Just installed Che's exhaust this last w/e. Looks and sounds great. The install was pretty simple. Removing the stock exhaust took the most time.

Thanks to der Geist for advice and thanks to Randall for his write-up that made me decide to get this.

blkboxster 11-06-2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwu
Just installed Che's exhaust this last w/e. Looks and sounds great. The install was pretty simple. Removing the stock exhaust took the most time.

Thanks to der Geist for advice and thanks to Randall for his write-up that made me decide to get this.

nice thinking of getting it too,can i have a pic PLEASE:)

ohioboxster 11-06-2006 05:56 PM

I want a sound clip for the love of pete.

djomlas 11-06-2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAAM421
FABSPEED SAID IT WILL. O2 SENSORS ARE BEFORE THE SECOND PAIR of cats.. second pair are deleted and i have no cel ...dont forget first set are on headers

i have a 03 boxster fabspeed.com pics and info onsite

they say 00 to 04.

so that wont work on a 98 then? is there a difference?

blinkwatt 11-06-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
they say 00 to 04.

so that wont work on a 98 then? is there a difference?

If you click on "Delubozparts" on the lower left hand of the page it will go to his eBay auction link. The exhaust work on 97-04.5,but the 97-99 need two extra whole drilled on the bracket.

chgolatin2 11-07-2006 02:18 AM

Exhaust

This question have been covered numerous times however to answer your question. I ordered Che's exhaust and headers and let me tell you that for the price, performance and quality you CANT GO WRONG! Unless you want to pay "THOUSANDS"!!! for the same thing, highly OVERPRICED!!!

Good luck!

RandallNeighbour 11-07-2006 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohioboxster
I want a sound clip for the love of pete.

Who the heck is Pete and why do you love him so? :p

If you look through the original thread where Che offers me the exhaust and headers, I posted two video clips that have all the sound you want in them. :cheers:

Travis 11-07-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Who the heck is Pete and why do you love him so? :p

If you look through the original thread where Che offers me the exhaust and headers, I posted two video clips that have all the sound you want in them. :cheers:

Ahhh but we want to see and hear you scream on by! :)

BoxsterSbob 11-07-2006 11:47 AM

It would also be great to get a clip of the system (in cabin) at cruising speeds, 60-70MPH.

bob

MNBoxster 11-07-2006 06:04 PM

Hi,

Listen, by all reports, I cannot even believe you're not pushing forward on Blind Faith alone! This is the Second Coming in Exhaust Systems... Ask Anyone!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

djomlas 11-08-2006 09:33 AM

my Q was about removing the cats