Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #1

Garage
Most fun car ever

I have only owned my 2001 986 for 5 months but I am obsessed with driving it. I live in a small mountain town in N California and bought it to go back and fort.h to the nearest cancers enter for treatments. It is a 140 mile round trip on a beautiful but treacherous mountain road with plenty of 25 mph corners. 6000 miles later I am done but just getting started driving this car. The car was rarely driven for the previous 5 years so I had all of the fluids changed and the plugs and brakes replaced. I had a problem wit.h the convertible top motor, the right side seized and t.he struts bent so I made it manual and the clamshell closes tight but the plastic window bent and creased so I just ordered a new top with a glass rear window. This car has everything that I need and no frills. The frills are in the handling. I have even begun to love the Boxster growl, it tells me to keep the rpms up. It will be tough when winter comes and I am forced to drive my new Denali truck or Audi A6 supercharged. I love this car.

Brockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:01 PM   #2

Garage
Sounds great, I have the same feeling when I put mine away for winter. Just can’t wait for the first few warm days of spring. Heck that’s what seat heaters and the cabin heater are for. Enjoy - Rick
Rickvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:23 AM   #3

Good to hear the treatments are over. Sounds like you live in a place made for a 986. I look forward to driving my recently acquired Boxster more than I did any of my other sports cars, even more so than my previous 911s.
willw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:16 AM   #4

They are very fun cars indeed. I've had mine for 12 years and I still grin from ear to ear after driving it.
Happy Boxstering!
Beelzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:37 PM   #5

Broxster,

Great that you live in a place with lots of windy, twisty roads so that you can really enjoy the car. I do too. I used to live in south Fla and I wouldn't enjoy a Boxster (or any Porsche) down there -- nearly every road and street is just a straight flat grid.

Enjoy many more smiles per mile.

BoxMann is offline   Reply With Quote