View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #1
Brockster

Garage
Most fun car ever

I have only owned my 2001 986 for 5 months but I am obsessed with driving it. I live in a small mountain town in N California and bought it to go back and fort.h to the nearest cancers enter for treatments. It is a 140 mile round trip on a beautiful but treacherous mountain road with plenty of 25 mph corners. 6000 miles later I am done but just getting started driving this car. The car was rarely driven for the previous 5 years so I had all of the fluids changed and the plugs and brakes replaced. I had a problem wit.h the convertible top motor, the right side seized and t.he struts bent so I made it manual and the clamshell closes tight but the plastic window bent and creased so I just ordered a new top with a glass rear window. This car has everything that I need and no frills. The frills are in the handling. I have even begun to love the Boxster growl, it tells me to keep the rpms up. It will be tough when winter comes and I am forced to drive my new Denali truck or Audi A6 supercharged. I love this car.
Brockster is offline   Reply With Quote