Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2020, 10:55 AM   #1

Alarm System keeps going off.

Hello running into an issue troubleshooting an alarm problem on my '01 986S.

Symptom:
- note: LED alarm light doesn't seen to work, i am basing the flashes based on the clicks on the relay I hear (led light at the centre of the dash)
- Blinkers/headlights will go off on a 2 flashes per second (continuously) closest alarm status seems to be door-safe mode.
- The trigger appears to be when I use the windows / or it's a coincidence and it's at random.

Since the LED light isn't on, I can only assume based on the clicking of the relay that the headlight blinking should be in sync with the LED light. (2 flashes/second - does not end or display a different pattern)

The alarm control unit was sent in to ecu repair by the prev. owner. As needed I can send it into warranty if it appears this is the issue, but wanted to try troubleshooting before sending it back in. I've also already cleaned /checked the terminal connections for the alarm control unit. Connections look clean and good, but still cleaned it anyway.

yummyporsche is offline   Reply With Quote