Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2020, 06:34 PM   #1

What do these ALARM CODES mean?

I rented a Durametric cable and ran the software to try and figure out why randomly my turn signals will both turn on and blink and I can't turn them off until I turn the igintion off. It's like having the hazards on but without the clicking noise.

The Durametric says the following alarm codes but says they don't need to be repaired that this is normal???

Codes are: 16, 48, 61, and 47.

Anyone have an idea as to what these mean and how to fix the issue?

Brian

Brian Minson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 05:42 AM   #2

What are the "P" codes associated with these codes?
Old 06-11-2020, 09:38 AM   #3

JFP,

The only "P" codes Durametric says is a EVAP one. Don't have the number with me at work, but the code was for the EVAP system.

Brian
Old 06-11-2020, 10:46 AM   #4

When you get home, scan it again and post the image. Durametric's numbering system is unique to them and often hard to cross reference to DTC codes.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:15 AM   #5

Morning JFP, here is a link to the video/screen shot of the codes for the engine, the alarm and the seat bets.

https://youtu.be/GwYZS2WnA_A

Thanks for taking a look and giving me some direction on this issue JFP.

Brian
Old 06-12-2020, 08:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Minson View Post
Morning JFP, here is a link to the video/screen shot of the codes for the engine, the alarm and the seat bets.

https://youtu.be/GwYZS2WnA_A

Thanks for taking a look and giving me some direction on this issue JFP.

Brian
OK, looked at your video, and here is what I see:

-You have an electrical fault in the alarm system, should be seeing voltage at a terminal and it does not.

-You have the famous seat belt fault, which can often be cured by cleaning the electrical contacts in the buckles,. but if that does not fix it, there is a TSB out there with updated components to fix it. This may also be the electrical fault the alarm system is seeing, but that is not guaranteed.

- You have either a disconnected or no longer working safety switch on your clutch pedal. You can check this easily under the dash, and use a multi meter to test the switch to see if it is dead.

I would check the pedal switch and fix it, then clear all these codes and see what comes back.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:58 AM   #7

Garage
Do you have an aftermarket radio in your car? Error 47 could be caused by not having the ground wire connected.
mgfranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #8
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfranz View Post
Do you have an aftermarket radio in your car? Error 47 could be caused by not having the ground wire connected.
echo this. My 2002 tip had alarm codes and it was because the ground sensor from the stock radio was disconnected when they installed an aftermarket headunit.

tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote