Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 494
KRZTACO Signing Off

I would like to say good bye to all my fellow members particularly:

TriGem2K
Randall
Master Bruce Lee
PerfectLap
ToolPants


My 986S was sold last night and will immediately begin building a strong foundation to get another Porsche in the garage in a few years. This foundation includes a commuter car for work in an effort to preserve my next Porsche (a 911) for pimp'in bit#$es, slapp'in hoes, and roll'in the stoll for the weekends.

KRZTACO
__________________
http://x402.putfile.com/2/5800280187-thumb.jpg

Voghtland 30-50mm Coilovers
19x8.5 x 19x10 Forgline rims
Magnaflow Exhaust
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: mid-Michigan
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRZTACO
I would like to say good bye to all my fellow members particularly:

TriGem2K
Randall
Master Bruce Lee
PerfectLap
ToolPants


My 986S was sold last night and will immediately begin building a strong foundation to get another Porsche in the garage in a few years. This foundation includes a commuter car for work in an effort to preserve my next Porsche (a 911) for pimp'in bit#$es, slapp'in hoes, and roll'in the stoll for the weekends.

KRZTACO
___________________

Dear Krztaco. Just because you sold your Porsche doesnt mean you need to signoff. I've enjoyed your threads over the past year or so, so don't bail out yet.
__________________
2000 Arctic Silver Boxster
SPQR
Senatus Populusque BoxsterRomanus
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Perfectlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,696
I say you last about 9 months before you start waking up in cold sweats, lose some language/motor skills and or some other abnormality that forces you to buy back the Boxster.

You know I've kinda always wanted a 911 because we grew up thinking they were soooo cool and exotic. But I'm really wondering if I would ever trade in this BoxsterS for rear engine car. Maybe a C4s for when I "settle down". I hear they are good in the snow (edit I almost said BABY SEAT!).

p.s.
Get a 2nd hand S2000, a great every day car if you can be without the back seat and it's every bit as good as a Boxster. If I had to drive every day that or a Prius would me my choice.
__________________
GT3 Recaro Seats - Boxster Red
GT3 Aero / Carrera 18" 5 spoke / Potenza RE-11
Fabspeed Headers & Noise Maker
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:56 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 494
It's really all about finding ONE buyer. I posted on AutoTrade.com and cars.com (60 page reads) initially on the middle of September. In the end...you need to ask yourself, What is my unique selling proposition? This is pretty basic and general knowlege.

When you look at ALL the boxsters for sale, my car was the only one with tasteful aftermarket additions to the car. Rims, coli-over suspension, etc....there weren't any listed! I new that someone buying my car would be in thier 20's to early 30's looking for a Boxster already lowered, with some tastefull rims, and even exhaust. The price was fair at $25,900 net. Current 986 S's listed will probably sell anywhere from $22-$24 thousand. For an additional $1,900 the buyer will get: $4000 rims, $2,500 suspension, $600 exhaust, and $1000 litronics...all the added value really set this boxster apart.

Just my two cents.

KRZ
__________________
http://x402.putfile.com/2/5800280187-thumb.jpg

Voghtland 30-50mm Coilovers
19x8.5 x 19x10 Forgline rims
Magnaflow Exhaust
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #5
Registered User
 
TriGem2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,431
Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
KRZ...You will be missed amoung us Boxster owners. Stick around the forum dude, its always fun around here.

What did you end up replacing the Box with? I'm suprised no one as asked yet.
__________________
http://i46.tinypic.com/2qx0rqs.jpg
2001 Boxster Artic Silver / Black Interior
-GT3 Front Bumper w/ Lip
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
Porscheectomy
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 3,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRZTACO
It's really all about finding ONE buyer. I posted on AutoTrade.com and cars.com (60 page reads) initially on the middle of September. In the end...you need to ask yourself, What is my unique selling proposition? This is pretty basic and general knowlege.

When you look at ALL the boxsters for sale, my car was the only one with tasteful aftermarket additions to the car. Rims, coli-over suspension, etc....there weren't any listed! I new that someone buying my car would be in thier 20's to early 30's looking for a Boxster already lowered, with some tastefull rims, and even exhaust. The price was fair at $25,900 net. Current 986 S's listed will probably sell anywhere from $22-$24 thousand. For an additional $1,900 the buyer will get: $4000 rims, $2,500 suspension, $600 exhaust, and $1000 litronics...all the added value really set this boxster apart.

Just my two cents.

KRZ

It's amazing how regional Boxster prices are and they seem to be below average in California of all places. The selling range for 2000-2002 S's in my area is $26-32k
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
What did you end up replacing the Box with? I'm suprised no one as asked yet.

Hyundai Accent 4-door (i know...i know, you want to trade)
__________________
http://x402.putfile.com/2/5800280187-thumb.jpg

Voghtland 30-50mm Coilovers
19x8.5 x 19x10 Forgline rims
Magnaflow Exhaust
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
Hang around buddy! I don't currently have a Porsche but I like chatting about them.
__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Surf City, NC
Posts: 1,079
I agree with all the comments about your sticking around. How else ya gonna track the RMS saga? And who better to post periodic common sense?

And glad you feel good that someone else got a great car you had personalized.
__________________
Mike
04 Boxster S - Basalt/Savanna, 6sp, Carrera lites, hardtop
70 914-6 - Black over tan, original/stock
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:04 PM   #10
Registered User
 
TriGem2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,431
Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRZTACO
Hyundai Accent 4-door (i know...i know, you want to trade)

What he really meant to say was Maserati Quattroporte. BUTTT apparently there a catastrophic accident in the Maserati plant and they gave him the Accent as a complimentary car.

I got your back on this one buddy.
__________________
http://i46.tinypic.com/2qx0rqs.jpg
2001 Boxster Artic Silver / Black Interior
-GT3 Front Bumper w/ Lip
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page