Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2020, 04:22 PM   #1

What's this pipe for? Did they Screw up?

Hi all, I got my car back from the bodyshop and had to remove the passenger light to replace the corner piece they broke.

When I tried to put the light back in, it just wasn't fitting right, felt like it was hitting something.

There's a pipe (see pic) which is definitely in the way because I can see some wear on it. The bodyshop must have jammed the light in there (probably why they cracked the corner piece)

Anyway, does this look normal? Anyone willing to pop out their light or maybe have some pics to compare?

The pipe in question is indicated by the red arrow. Does anyone know what this pipe is? And if it's been put back in the wrong spot? I had major bodywork done but if you look at the pipe as it was in the shop it looks like it is supposed to be there. Was it put back wrong?

9864ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 06:52 PM   #2

I just happen to have my front bumper and headlights removed and this is what the headlight cavity on the passenger side looks like:

The position of that "pipe" looks far different on mine than yours. My car is a 2003 Boxster S with Litronic headlights. Hope this helps.
2018 Macan S
2021 718 Spyder
Balloonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloonmeister View Post
I just happen to have my front bumper and headlights removed and this is what the headlight cavity on the passenger side looks like:

The position of that "pipe" looks far different on mine than yours. My car is a 2003 Boxster S with Litronic headlights. Hope this helps.
I have the exact same car and year. A 2003 S with Litronics, couldn't have gotten a better example, thank you!

All this time fighting the light and this was the problem. Looks like the shop did screw up.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:53 AM   #4
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Looks like the headlights washer hose to me. It is secured right behind the headlight connector. From there another hose connection goes to the 2nd washer motor. BUT...only on the driver side.
Btw, those washer corner pieces crack even, when you look sharp at them. Bought one brand new, cracked (can be easily glued with super glue, crack halfway disappears).
Old 05-01-2020, 05:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
Looks like the headlights washer hose to me. It is secured right behind the headlight connector. From there another hose connection goes to the 2nd washer motor. BUT...only on the driver side.
Btw, those washer corner pieces crack even, when you look sharp at them. Bought one brand new, cracked (can be easily glued with super glue, crack halfway disappears).
You might be right and thankfully it's not something critical. Hopefully I only need to remove the wheel well cover to get this sorted. Don't want to have to remove the whole Fender.