Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #1

Sun Visor Mirror Light Wiring

Hello all

I have hunted for the answer for this question without success so thought I would see if anyone has tackled the same challenge.

The non-illuminated sun visors on my '99 2.5 986 were missing the covers (nothing unusual there). I found a cost effective set of replacement visors on eBay, and these happen to be the version with mirror illumination.

My car lacks the wiring for powering the sun visor lights, so they're currently not working. I've acquired a couple of the wired sun visor connectors (986731541) but I need to be able to connect them to the loom for power. Does anyone know the best way of achieving this?

PaulZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:08 PM   #2

There are a few ways to go about it. If it were me, I'd find which fuse has power with the ignition on, and use a tap like this:

https://www.delcity.net/store/Micro2-Fuse-Adapter/p_810107.h_810109.r_IF1003?mkwid=s&crid=38094426869&mp_kw=&mp_mt=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg67zzbn_6AIVD6_ICh27zQHnEAQYBSAB EgIGMvD_BwE

Note: This link is for an EXAMPLE of a tap. I'm not sure if it is the one that fits the fuse socket nor if it leaves enough clearance to put the cover back on.

piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote