Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 793
Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Finally bought a Boxster and couldn't be happier

First off I want to say thank you for all of the informative posts on this board. Last week I went and test drove a couple of Boxster S's. It was my first time in one and I fell in love. I ended up trading in my Nissan Xterra for my Boxster.

She is in immaculate condition. For those that recommended I stay away from eBay I thank you. I looked on Autotrader and found what looked like a beautiful '03 but when I saw it in person I could tell it wasn't taken care of very well. The green one I bought didn't even catch my eye on the internet but when I saw the green in person I loved it.

I also bought a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. I don't drive much (7 miles round trip to the train station) but I have so much fun driving this car I can see myself putting quite a few miles on her.
__________________
I bleed green

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.


http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:01 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: mid-Michigan
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills
First off I want to say thank you for all of the informative posts on this board. Last week I went and test drove a couple of Boxster S's. It was my first time in one and I fell in love. I ended up trading in my Nissan Xterra for my Boxster.

She is in immaculate condition. For those that recommended I stay away from eBay I thank you. I looked on Autotrader and found what looked like a beautiful '03 but when I saw it in person I could tell it wasn't taken care of very well. The green one I bought didn't even catch my eye on the internet but when I saw the green in person I loved it.

I also bought a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. I don't drive much (7 miles round trip to the train station) but I have so much fun driving this car I can see myself putting quite a few miles on her.
_________________________________

Chills, welcome aboard. May your miles and smiles be many and your repairs few.
__________________
2000 Arctic Silver Boxster
SPQR
Senatus Populusque BoxsterRomanus
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:15 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,518
Chills,

Congratulations ! Awesome looking car !

Hope you had a better experience at Luxury Motors than I did...

Next step is joining the Chicago PCA.

There is actually a rally this Sunday in Wisconsin if you are interested.

Welcome, and enjoy !

Nick
__________________
*
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/DSC03717.jpg

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:38 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose, CA.
Posts: 1,359
CONGRATS, CHILLS AND WELCOME HOME! THAT GREEN LOOKS SO AWESOME...I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THEY MAKE GREEN BOXSTER...AHHHH! AFTER YOU GET USED TO AND FAMILIAR DRIVING IT, YOU WILL CALL IT "THE GREEN MONSTER" ARRGHHHH!

I GOT MINE ABOUT 2 MOS' AGO AND BEEN DRIVING IT AROUND THE BLOCK (WORK IS 100 MI. A DAY, DON'T WANT TO PUT TOO MANY MILES ON IT) AND LAST WEEK WAS MY FIRST TIME DRIVING IT WITH THE LOCAL GROUP IN MY AREA AND LET ME TELL YOU.....IT WAS AWESOME WHAT CAN OUR CARS DO IN THE TURNS, IT'S LIKE IN THE RAIL...WOHOOO! SO MY ADVICE WHILE THE WEATHER STILL ALLOWS YOU TO DRIVE TOP DOWN IS GO WITH NICKCATS TO THE RALLY THIS SUNDAY @ WISCONSIN

NOW, GO AND DEAMBERFIED IT..AHAHAHAHAHAHA! MINE IS 80% STILL WORKING ON THE HEADLIGHT

BTW, HERE'S THE LINK TO MY FIRST RUN AND THAT'S MY SON LOOKING AT THE CAMERA
http://members7.clubphoto.com/robyn526377/4835750/guest.phtml

Last edited by unklekraker; 10-13-2006 at 10:41 AM.
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Annapolis Maryland
Posts: 1,528
As I've said a thousand times before, I love a green car.

Welcome aboard. You'll have a lot of fun here. It's a great group of people, and they really know their stuff.

Enjoy your new ride...
__________________
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...izzlysmall.jpg
'97 986
Cheating Death on 19" Wheels
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,518
unklekraker,

Great pics ! Nice yellow Carrera GT !

So, was the owner pretty cool or full of himself ?

Nick
__________________
*
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/DSC03717.jpg

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose, CA.
Posts: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
unklekraker,

Great pics ! Nice yellow Carrera GT !

So, was the owner pretty cool or full of himself ?

Nick
TO BE HONEST...I WAS SURPRISED THAT HE WAS PRETTY COOL!

DUDE, HAVE YOU HEARD THEM PASS YOU BY? IT GIVES ME GOOSEBUMP
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,518
I have seen a CGT at the dealer, but I have not seen one on the road...

I did see a Ford GT last Sunday - now that is one cool car !
__________________
*
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/DSC03717.jpg

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 7,236
Unkle, you just gotta take the caps lock off dude. It's like you're screaming at me.
__________________
'97 Boxster (Black Hole for 42,000 Dead Presidents and counting) - 122k
New motor, transmission, suspension, and on and on and on it goes...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose, CA.
Posts: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
I have seen a CGT at the dealer, but I have not seen one on the road...

I did see a Ford GT last Sunday - now that is one cool car !

FORD GT...HANDS DOWN I LIKE THE BODY STYLE BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE HERE IN CA.

WITH THE CGT...I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE HEADLIGHT , KINDA...I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S THE WORD BUT I LIKE THE ENGINE BAY AND DESIGN
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose, CA.
Posts: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Unkle, you just gotta take the caps lock off dude. It's like you're screaming at me.

oh mah bad...i was doing a report here at work didn't even notice it was in caps lock...
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #12
Registered User
 
ohioboxster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Akron
Posts: 793
Thats funny, you said you were doing a report a work and didnt notice that the caps button was on. There are some reports that I type at work which are required to be in caps and bold.......because the guy reading them cant see a regular font.
__________________
2002 TT
ohioboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose, CA.
Posts: 1,359
The template and excel required it to be in caps....actually, randall is not the first one who mentioned it....I was chatting with my wife for a good half hour and all of a sudden she ask me...."WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT ME?" and that's when I notice the caps lock..hehehehehehe
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:35 PM   #14
FIG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 171


Back on topic

Congrats on the new purchase Chill!!!!!!

Enjoy, and stay on the black stuff
__________________
'08 Boxster S - Black/Black - BOSE, Exhaust etc
'06 Lexus LX470
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...oxsterSsig.jpg
FIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:46 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Pilot2519j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 655
Congrats and welcome to the group!!!!!!!! You will love the car like we all do.
__________________
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate
Pilot2519j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:00 PM   #16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,510
Send a message via AIM to djomlas
congrats man, i have a freind whos uncle owns Luxury Motors.
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:06 PM   #17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,460
Car looks great. I dig those rims. Now lose the license plate frames immediately.
__________________
.
1997 Honda Accord | V6
2004 BMW 330i | ZHP | SOLD
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:43 PM   #18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 793
Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Thanks everyone. I am really happy with my car. I'm going to take her on the tollway tomorrow for the first time and open her up.

Yep, I need to get rid of the plate frames. The dealership threw them on and I haven't had a chance to pull them back off. I had a pretty good experience with Luxury Motors. I've heard some stories about them but I got a good deal on the car and on my trade-in.

What's Chicago PCA? It would be cool to meet up with you guys on Sunday but unfortunately I'm working this weekend. Gotta pay for my new car. lol. How often do you meet, do you have a website... etc?

ROFL@Unklekracker. It's fortuitous that I bought a green Boxster. I am known in the Chicago sportbike community for my bright green motorcycles (Kawasaki)... now I have a green car to set me apart as well.

Now I must do a search on the board and find out the best way to wash my Porsche. It is a bit dirty from the rain and I want to keep her looking brand new.
__________________
I bleed green

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.


http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:49 PM   #19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills
Thanks everyone. I am really happy with my car. I'm going to take her on the tollway tomorrow for the first time and open her up.

Yep, I need to get rid of the plate frames. The dealership threw them on and I haven't had a chance to pull them back off. I had a pretty good experience with Luxury Motors. I've heard some stories about them but I got a good deal on the car and on my trade-in.

What's Chicago PCA? It would be cool to meet up with you guys on Sunday but unfortunately I'm working this weekend. Gotta pay for my new car. lol. How often do you meet, do you have a website... etc?

ROFL@Unklekracker. It's fortuitous that I bought a green Boxster. I am known in the Chicago sportbike community for my bright green motorcycles (Kawasaki)... now I have a green car to set me apart as well.

Now I must do a search on the board and find out the best way to wash my Porsche. It is a bit dirty from the rain and I want to keep her looking brand new.
Chills,

I'm glad you had a positive experience with Luxury Motors. I did not.

Chicago Porsche Club of America. Here's their website :

http://www.pca-chicago.org/

BTW, perfectlap is our resident car detailing expert.

Enjoy the car, stay away from the potholes, and hope to meet up sometime...

Nick
__________________
*
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/DSC03717.jpg

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page