Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
The matte black 1080 wrap foil is absolutely the way to go. I like those pressure sensitive 3M adhesive tapes, so you can apply them first and fixate them with pressure fixate later. But you got me going now...have to check their website again. My covers are still in the paintshop...
Quality work takes time I really like the 3m repositionable wraps also. Can’t wait to see what you’re cooking up

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:31 AM   #42
WALDMEISTER

Garage

...Hamburg...rainy...the hair uhmm...the covers are sitting strong,
...pit stop in Munich...windy...the covers look great,
...destination Rome...sunny...the covers are still in perfect shape.

(okay that was an inside joke: That used to be a TV ad here in Germany, promoting hair spray, back in the 80s --> I am sure Smallblock remembers, lol)
Used 3M 4941 VHB (1.1mm thickness), heavily modified, mods/inserts for the blinkers might follow. 3M matte black 1080 wrap still on its way...JB, you are right, once detected that Little headlight glimps, you cannot make it unseen.

Last edited by BRAN; 05-23-2020 at 04:47 AM.
BRAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:44 AM   #43

Quote:

(okay that was an inside joke: That used to be a TV ad here in Germany, promoting hair spray, back in the 80s --> I am sure Smallblock remembers, lol)
Used 3M 4941 VHB (1.1mm thickness), heavily modified, mods/inserts for the blinkers might follow. 3M matte black 1080 wrap still on its way...JB, you are right, once detected that Little headlight glimps, you cannot make it unseen.
Bran, they look great, congrats!
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Old 05-25-2020, 12:24 AM   #44
M9G
2002 2.7 Boxster in green

Really liking these but way way way out of my price range, I appreciate the development that's gone into these but wow super pricey :-( :-( :-(
M9G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #45
Super Moderator

Quote:

Looks awesome! Thanks for the support.
Dmitry at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:26 PM   #46
Super Moderator

The headlight covers are currently 10% OFF with promo code COVER10 at Checkout. Offer valid through 6/2.

Click Here
Dmitry at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:05 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
Done! Right (passenger side) overall is as good as I could do. I could have done a better job trimming the left side (driver) where I had the overlap problem (which was the same for both sides). Color match is as good as could be expected for 16 year old paint.

Before mounting the covers I applied a narrow strip of matte black 3M wrap to the inside edge of each headlight to kill the edge reflection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How has the long term experience been? Any regrets?
azlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:47 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlvr View Post
How has the long term experience been? Any regrets?
Even though I never experienced any problems with the headlight covers, they’re not on the car anymore. I still think they are the best covers I tried (three different types in total) but I decided that I liked the original look best for my car. Also, I had done the DRL hack with LEDS for the fog lights and I missed not having that functionality. I considered but decided against putting LED strips in the intake vents to regain DRLs with the covers on.

By applying moderate heat the covers came off with no damage to the headlights or covers (attached with VHB 3m tape). I’m keeping them for now along with a bunch of other ‘appearance’ parts that were part of the evolution of my car’s looks.
Old 08-16-2021, 08:47 AM   #49

I like mine.

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 08:58 PM   #50

Old thread revival as I explore the site.

I had to put my sunglasses on to view this one!

Nice work

Nitro V8 is offline   Reply With Quote