Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 07:30 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to jteixidor
Angry I feel like I was just raped!!!!!!!

Someone keyed my car last night. Both sides from front to back and the hood!!!!!
What the hell, why would anyone do this!!!!!!

jteixidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:35 AM   #2

So sorry to hear about this. It's usually pure jealousy on the part of a 12-14 year old boy. I'd photograph the damage and pass out flyers in your neighborhood and ask anyone if they saw it happen. No one will come forward, but the kid's parents will see it and may put two and two together.

Have you filed a police report?

A quality paint shop should be able to correct it, but BruceLee knows exactly what you should ask for and do to insure the paint work has been done right.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 10-06-2006 at 07:38 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #3

Sorry to hear. My 98 Maxima (NJ plates) got keyed all over while parked in Boston last winter. For the life of me couldn't figure out who and why would do anything like that. Just boggles my mind -- for someone to expend an effort just to inflict damage or pain to a total stranger. Where do these destructive drives come from in a human being?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by z12358
Sorry to hear. My 98 Maxima (NJ plates) got keyed all over while parked in Boston last winter. For the life of me couldn't figure out who and why would do anything like that. Just boggles my mind -- for someone to expend an effort just to inflict damage or pain to a total stranger. Where do these destructive drives come from in a human being?
Its called jealousy. It's sad but this world does suck.
aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #5

Unhappy

/mourns for you
Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #6
KronixSpeed

Not cooo......

Id rather have someone punch me in the face then key my car......

I once dated this girl in high school, in time we broke up, and she dated another guy at the same school. obviously when his car got keyed, he tried to blame it on me......infront of 200 people i took the ass outside and told him that i'm not some punk kid and will key his car infront of his face not behind his back.......i also told him that his corrola was not worth keying when my honda prelude was sitting in the same parking lot.....meaning.....why would i key his car when my car is far nicer...n eventually my car would get keyed too.....so he believed the story....i really did not stoop to that level just for a girl.....women come and go, not worth it until you actually are married to the girl..or something to that extent...lol/jokes n it was high school, you could find a new girl the next day......

it turns out it was his little sisters friends or not so good friends that keyed his car hahahahah.

probably some punk kid, and your car was just shinning and an easy target!!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #7

it may be fixable. look to see if the scratch went to the sheet metal. some nasty looking scratches have been repaired by filling in the scratch using a color stick and then polished over with a mildly abrasive polish. One layer of wax over that and it was like new again. Or check this out:

http://properautocare.com/witporcabpol.html
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:59 AM   #8

Wow, sorry to hear that, I know how you feel, a couple of months ago my top was cut and parts stolen.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...tar14266_4.gif
EX-88 951, 87 951, 86 944na, 85.5 944na 00 Audi S4..01 Boxster S .etc..etc
Marc Gelefsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by z12358
Where do these destructive drives come from in a human being?
The act was done out of jealousy or envy for sure, but this isn't the root issue. Setting aside my theological beliefs about the basic root of jealousy, I'd have to say a deeper orgin below the jealousy would be entitlement.

The person was jealous because they felt they were entitled to a nice car like yours and did not have one for one reason or another, causing jealousy to rear its ugly head... unless the Porsche driver was taking two prime parking spaces right by the front door and there was a little provocation involved.

jt, you didn't mention possible provocation, so I am assuming you aren't in the middle of a lover's quarrel or parking at an angle so as to take up two or more spaces in a crowded parking area, right?

Not that either of these things justify damaging a car the way they did, but it sure would explain the motivation behind the action, albeit so wrong.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
The act was done out of jealousy or envy for sure, but this isn't the root issue. Setting aside my theological beliefs about the basic root of jealousy, I'd have to say a deeper orgin below the jealousy would be entitlement.

The person was jealous because they felt they were entitled to a nice car like yours and did not have one for one reason or another, causing jealousy to rear its ugly head... unless the Porsche driver was taking two prime parking spaces right by the front door and there was a little provocation involved.

jt, you didn't mention possible provocation, so I am assuming you aren't in the middle of a lover's quarrel or parking at an angle so as to take up two or more spaces in a crowded parking area, right?

Not that either of these things justify damaging a car the way they did, but it sure would explain the motivation behind the action, albeit so wrong.
Hi,

Psycho-babble aside, he might have just been an eco-terrorist or an excessively loyal Miata, Corvette, or BMW owner...

@jtexitor - sorry man...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #11

car alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteixidor
Someone keyed my car last night. Both sides from front to back and the hood!!!!!

Sorry for your pain. Perhaps next time you'll need one of these in .50 caliber high-explosive tips with a warning systems that says in a deep electronic voice "STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR!!! STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR!!!!"

Mind you, this warning voice turns on 5 seconds after the gunsmoke clears.

Last edited by jeffsquire; 10-06-2006 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling error
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #12

Quote:

If you find the preceding a bit to bulky for more sporty maneuvers, take a look at a classic favorite by ACME.

This model can be cleverly kept inside, concealed, quiet, even when the top is down.

THis little feline won't MEOW. No sir. It will answer with a roar.

NO RED CLIP NEEDED. The only clip you'll need from now on is a 30 round clip.
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:27 PM   #13

My passenger side was keyed and the painted crests from my center caps were ripped off three weeks ago. I found it no strange coincidence that the church which borders my backyard had a retreat of 50 13-17 year olds that weekend... and not so shocking... the church found it extremely coincidental. Filed a police report, called Liberty Mutual, and had the work done at Keenan Autobody. Total cost to me: $100 (and a few days of cursing). The guy who ran the shop buffed out a couple nicks that were on the trunk and driver side when I bought the car for no extra charge. Now the car gets locked in the garage even if I am just popping in for a minute.

Current Condition:
2002 Basalt Black Metallic Boxster

Prior Symptoms:
1984 Guards Red 944
fishage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #14

"The act was done out of jealousy or envy for sure, but this isn't the root issue."

But how do you explain keying my dirty, 8yr old Maxima? I think it's much worse than envy, jealosy, or entitlement. To me it's just a weaker version of kid gangs beating up street bums to death for no reason -- just because they can and it looks like they can get away with it. Desensitized animals looking to affect others in any way possible.

It takes much more effort and discipline to affect others positively (to actually make the world better), so for the ones who can not do that the only option remains to hurt or damage others (people, animals, property). People just want to leave a mark of their existance, to be heard, to be felt, their actions affecting the world in some way, ANY way. Absolutely irrational. Not even a sick sense of justice is required to do this. It's just a sickness of the human soul. Goes to the core of explaining why bigger irrational crimes occur.

Or smth to that extent...
Old 10-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #15
porsche986

i had mine done on sunday, the front and the left side it will cost £750 + vat so maybe $900

The police say someone is using a key and 4 cars got done, then tonight my jeep got done also ffs I will rip there head off.
I cant claim on insurance either as they just stick the price up next year.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #16

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Any Pictures?

Quote:

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #17
Porsche "Purist"

Garage
That really sucks!

May I suggest you check into zero deductable comprehensive insurance. At least with State Farm it costs very little to go from $500 to $0. (This type of damage is covered under comprehensive.)
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #18

If you find out who it was, call me...
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:29 AM   #19

Send a message via MSN to jteixidor
Will post some pics today. Luckily I have a good insurance company, $100 deducltible, went under comprehensive. Now the only problem is that New Orleans is still rebuidling and the porsche body shop is low on manpower so I cannot get the car into the shop til Dec 5.
Would you guys trust another shop?? I dont know if it is better to wait or to try another.

Joshua
2001 Boxster- Black on black
jteixidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:02 AM   #20

The Porsche body shop manager probably doesn't like to tell customers this, but every dealership body shop sends out work to local shops when they are swamped. So, you could pry this information out of him and ask him who they job out body work to in the area, then call them.