Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2019, 03:31 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
If nobody's offended, and everybody agrees so splendidly, then why are you leaving the thread?

I just shake my head sometimes at people who talk in circles.

I'm sure your experience has been great. Many other's (including my own) has been "spotty" at best. That's fine..... every business has its struggles, and issues, and even its outliers / anomalies.

Again: if nobody is offended then I don't know why you'd have to leave the thread.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
As I said earlier Maytag, when you sense someone has stopped listening, it is time to stop talking; which is exactly what I did. I have worked with a couple of these EPS kits, I did not like them for multiple reasons. But if someone has made up their mind, fine, it is their money and their car; they are the only one that has to live with that decision.

Old 10-10-2019, 03:32 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Charles runs an extensive machine shop, so he has no ability to test concepts in engines. Jake has an equally extensive engine prep and testing facility, and can evaluate and test ideas and components to destruction. Charles has used Jake's abilities and facility for many years to evaluate products of all types, some of which never saw daylight.

As for the Solution, if memory serves, Jake and either developed or was in the process of developing the Solution when Charles approached him about the idea for an open ceramic hybrid bearing, which after substantial testing at Jake's facility become the LN retrofit product(s). Jake completed his development of the Solution, and then patented it before LN began production of it and released it to the public. As the patent holder, I'm sure Jake gets a residual off the Solution kits that LN produce; which is exactly why patents exist.

As for my comment about your "opinion", that was directed at the EPS product, not Jake or Charles relationship. They are both business men, and as other have commented, very nice guys as well. But as astute business men, I would hardly expect them to act otherwise.
So you agree that Jake stands to make a profit from the sale of IMS Solutions. Which was my point exactly: He's pushing a product.

Unless, of course, he sold his patent to LN outright, in which case he made a lump sum and gets nothing more from the sales. But if he did that, he'd still have a awkward relationship with them if he turned around and said there's a better product out there, like I dunno... EPS?

Last edited by piper6909; 10-10-2019 at 03:55 PM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #43
Who's askin'?

Hahaha. Y'all are killing me, hahaha.

You're now suggesting that I'm the close-minded one, because I won't conform, and follow the herd with my eyes shut?

Whatev', cap'n. Hahaha.

::

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:38 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
As I said earlier Maytag, when you sense someone has stopped listening, it is time to stop talking; which is exactly what I did. I have worked with a couple of these EPS kits, I did not like them for multiple reasons. But if someone has made up their mind, fine, it is their money and their car; they are the only one that has to live with that decision.
Since you have first-hand experience with them, please share. You never said you had experience with EPS. I am open to hearing about them. I said from the onset that I have no experience with any IMS bearing. I just did online research.

I'd love to find out more about them. Please tell us more.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #45
"50 Years of 550 Spyder"

Ok...

....I can’t quit you. 😁

I will stick around.

I had some reports to file and an Astros payoff game to watch, but I’m in.

Like Jeff in PA said, it’s a braided stainless steel line and it’s not gonna get hit or hurt by anything.

Again, read my past posts on the subject.

Good luck.
550 SE #310---"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/10ths View Post
....I can’t quit you. ��

I will stick around.

I had some reports to file and an Astros payoff game to watch, but I’m in.

Like Jeff in PA said, it’s a braided stainless steel line and it’s not gonna get hit or hurt by anything.

Again, read my past posts on the subject.

Good luck.
Isn't it a rubber hose wrapped in stainless steel? Yes, braided hoses go bad too. Maybe not often, but not never, either.

Bottom line, both the EPS and the IMS are guaranteed for 5 years. Neither are guaranteed forever. but they both claim to be the permanent solution. Go figure.

P.S. Glad you're sticking around!

Last edited by piper6909; 10-10-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:00 AM   #47

Garage
Going - Going - Gone - - sideways
Seems these threads tend to have a similar trajectory and the actual point disappears into the mist.
There's a bit of cool-aid drinking just owning one these cars. I think of Porsche as one of true sports car manufactures. That's really all they made up until 15 +/- years ago. so that's what I should own.

It is interesting that the demand (Maybe a little hype injected) has allowed the market place to give us a few different strategies to choose from to deal with the IMSB.
But there was a starting point.

Last edited by kk2002s; 10-11-2019 at 06:06 AM.
kk2002s is offline   Reply With Quote