Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vza View Post
I don't know maybe its a quirky thing with the codes. I drove at length before they showed up. No pending codes now... I guess I'll see what happens. My oil filler cap checks out good and I sprayed some carb cleaner around the small hoses coming off the vac tank,plenum hoses etc...no change in engine note.Thoughts?? V
"For what it is worth"

I looked in my Bentley service manual (poor at best).

If I read it right P1123 and P1125 are for the O2senors. Below lower limit/lean mixture threshold.
One code is for the left bank the other is for the right bank. So going on that:
You have something causing to much air for the amount of fuel or not enough fuel for the amount of air. at all cylinders.

You already tested your fuel system and it checks good?

So that leaves to much air for the amount of fuel.

So your looking for something that has to do with air and affects both cylinder banks equally.
1.You could have a vacuum leak
2.You could have a faulty or dirty MAF sensor.
3.You could have faulty MAF sensor wiring, a short, a broken wire , a bad ground, a bad connection, or high resistance in the MAF wiring.
4. There could be a problem with the DME (hope not).

you could have faulty O2 sensors or O2sensor wiring issues.
But it is very unlikely that both O2sensors or their wiring would go bad at the same time.
So I would drive it and see if the codes come back.

blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:38 AM   #22
Vza

I checked the codes in Bentley as well ....lean mix threshold I imagine is the engine is fully leaned out due to being too rich.(i Think) . As for the MAF it's new... DME just had it repaired for another issue,leaks I checked as well as I could w/o a smoke machine(not buying one!!)O2 sensors they say they're just sensing the fuel is too rich not necessarily faulty sensors. So....I guess I'm gona drive it see what happens. Thanks V
Vza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:55 PM   #23

Leave it to me to interpret it backwards.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #24
Vza

Well just hope that yellow demon stays away!!!!V
Vza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #25

Well now that I know it is a too rich condition instead of a to lean condition.
I have read of a number of cases where a faulty purge valve is a contributor to your type of issue. Stuck open I think. that's from memory so prove it out, don't trust my word on it. I would wait to see if the yellow demon (as you justly call it) returns.
Hope at some point I have helped not confused.