Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2019, 02:49 PM   #1

Garage
Runs great then next day no start

My car was cruising great one day, and the next day it would crank and not start. I went straight to the internet to find the possible problems. I told my wife not to be expecting my full attention for awhile and started reading. I read about CPS failure first, but since it was a sudden failure and a cold startup the fuel pump relays more likely. I was relieved to find the old relay made no sound and the contact was open with 12 volts connected. So off to the parts stores nearby. One store had it available the next morning and had price matching. The two relays were identical, so I was careful to plug in the new one and it fired right up.
Thanks forum
I am considering get a spare to keep in the car. There was no warning at all before it failed. I wonder what other relays could leave me stranded at 49,800 miles.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:05 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjohn3707 View Post
Thanks forum
Seriously. I'm indebted to this forum.

I tell my kids that "back in the day" it would have been a visit to the local public library, hoping that the repair manual was available... and not on a waiting list.