Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #1
Registered User
 
flouese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Callahan, FL
Posts: 374
Cel p0452

Since I changed out motors I have been running trouble free. Yesterday, the P0452 code popped up. Is the correct fix for this to change out the fuel pressure sensor or am I missing something simple? Are there any symptoms that I should have seen to know this was coming?

99 2.5L base w/86K miles

Thanks in advance

__________________
99 Boxster base
1966 912 3 gauge
flouese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: It's a kind of magic.....
Posts: 5,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by flouese View Post
Since I changed out motors I have been running trouble free. Yesterday, the P0452 code popped up. Is the correct fix for this to change out the fuel pressure sensor or am I missing something simple? Are there any symptoms that I should have seen to know this was coming?

99 2.5L base w/86K miles

Thanks in advance
P0452 indicates that the tank pressure sensor is below the lower limit. Possible fault in wiring from the sensor to the DME that is shorting to ground.
__________________
Anything really new is invented only in one’s youth. Later, one becomes more experienced, more famous – and more stupid.” - Albert Einstein
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:09 AM   #3
Registered User
 
flouese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Callahan, FL
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
P0452 indicates that the tank pressure sensor is below the lower limit. Possible fault in wiring from the sensor to the DME that is shorting to ground.
How do you chase that down? My understanding of electricity stops at the on/off switch.
__________________
99 Boxster base
1966 912 3 gauge
flouese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:56 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: It's a kind of magic.....
Posts: 5,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by flouese View Post
How do you chase that down? My understanding of electricity stops at the on/off switch.
You need a multimeter and some electrical knowledge; if you don't have such, take it to someone that does.

__________________
Anything really new is invented only in one’s youth. Later, one becomes more experienced, more famous – and more stupid.” - Albert Einstein
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page