Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2019, 09:27 AM   #1

Windows don't work

I just replaced the window regulator. When I open and close the door, the window moves a half inch as it should. But, when I push the window button on the console nothing happens. When I release the lever for the top the windows do not go down. The door lock does not work either when I push the button on the key. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Also, I removed the passenger door panel to check if the airbag was connected and in doing so I broke a small switch that goes through the panel to the inside door lever. It looks like a small light. It is one of two small connectors right behind the lever to open the door. Does anyone know what these connectors are for.

Last edited by 1stSP; 07-01-2019 at 09:54 AM.
1stSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #2
Will there be cake?

Garage
give us a little more information, HUH?

first thing to check is the fuse...in this case, I think it is C3 which are internal lighting and the power windows. D1 does something too, but I popped the C3 fuse years back messing with the console and my buttons didn't work.

let us know.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #3

Problem solved

Thank you. It was C3. I had checked D1.

Would you know what the two small connectors near the airbag are for. I am wondering if it is for a sensor for the door handles.
1stSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:59 AM   #4
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stSP View Post
Thank you. It was C3. I had checked D1.

Would you know what the two small connectors near the airbag are for. I am wondering if it is for a sensor for the door handles.
OK, Good.
Not sure what connectors you are referencing or which airbag. the one the door?
post pictures. someone can usually figure it out.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #5
Will there be cake?

Garage
[QUOTE] Also, I removed the passenger door panel to check if the airbag was connected and in doing so I broke a small switch that goes through the panel to the inside door lever. It looks like a small light. It is one of two small connectors right behind the lever to open the door. Does anyone know what these connectors are for. [QUOTE]

sounds like this is a courtesy light for the door handle. If you don't know to disconnect it, I can see it getting broken.
the connector is different and obvious for the airbag. Also needs to stay connected until you disconnect battery, then reconnected BEFORE you reattach battery or you get a error light that requires "dealer intervention"
BTW, if any airbag in the system is disconnected or fails POST, you are going to know about it.