Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #1
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Ouch

https://drivetribe.com/p/gas-explosion-collapses-building-JBVU_GU4TnmqMuEn5pVoug?fbclid=IwAR0CkZEbmND9bYNqRn uMjOBfy-YBiI7pjQjArqRFa18Sr0xEvRGQvsQR_j4&iid=TSwW8ofMTwyUzQK2B9gFJA

Old 04-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #2

That brings flash backs of the Corvette museum collapse.

Also in So-Cal, an importer that brings in rare RHD cars such as the Nissan Skyline and such burned to the ground. Some 20 plus Skylines were lost, plus RX7s, and other JDM imports

Sad days in car history.
Qckslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:53 PM   #3

I just threw up a little... bummer.
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:54 PM   #4
Need For Speed

Garage
Wow that was one heck of an explosion. 1 person killed and 12 injured.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:42 PM   #5

A few years back, my family spent a night in Durham during a trip out to the outer banks. When we were checking in to the hotel, my then-8 year old son struck up a conversation with the hotel manager about cars. He approached me afterwards, asking if we would be interested in a private tour of a Porsche collection in town. I jumped at the opportunity, obviously.

The next morning, my son and I walked to the address he gave me. Bob Ingram's son met us and clearly enjoyed geeking out and showing us all of the cars. It was one of the most incredible collections of cars I've ever seen, if not the most. Some cars I never even knew existed. Ended up buying my first Porsche not long after this.

From what I could see from the photos and video, we're lucky even more people weren't injured or killed. What a terrible accident. Probably preventable, but knowing how utility construction works, there are so many potential communication failure points, sometimes I'm amazed stuff like this isn't more common.
kirkandorules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:51 AM   #6
Will there be cake?

Garage
sad to see a 550 sitting under the hole in the roof. overall, the damage to the cars doesn't look catastrophic, but it cant be good. hope for the best.

tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote