Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2019, 11:47 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Post Your DIY Build - Forum Contest!

The Contest:

It's time for us to celebrate the amazing DIY build threads that we see and appreciate everyday. In honor of all your efforts, we will be selecting the top 10-20 build threads created on our Pelican Parts forums (Peach Parts and 986 forum qualify) from the ones you nominate, and let YOU vote on the top 3. The winners will receive Pelican Parts Gift Certificates to help fund their build or get started on a new car project in the amounts of $1,000 for First Place, $500 for Second Place and $250 for Third Place. Both historical and new threads qualify!

To Enter:

1. Create a thread around the story and progress of your build for the model of your car.

2. Ensure your thread has:

- At least one build update to demonstrate progress along the way.

- Both text and photo documentation of your build progress.

- Video documentation is welcome but not required.

3. Nominate your thread (or have a friend nominate you) by posting a comment below with the build thread link.

- If you’ve already created a build thread and it meets the qualifications above, you CAN nominate it for the contest. You just need to post one update as of March 8, 2019 or later (even if that update is to say, ‘Hi, here’s my thread, vote for me.’).

- You don’t have to be currently working on the build to submit it. Any build you are or have already worked on qualifies, as long as it’s documented in a thread that you create or have created in our forums.

To Vote:

- We will select a top 10-20 finalists depending on the number of submissions we receive and notify everyone when voting will commence.

- There will be a poll posted to the top of this thread that will allow you to vote for your favorites.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to send us a PM.

Full Contest Rules:https://www.pelicanparts.com/support/build_contest_rules.htm

Last edited by Dmitry at Pelican Parts; 03-12-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:49 PM   #2

Spec Boxster Build - Tom Stone

Spec Boxster Build

The BEST thread on this board!
Old 03-08-2019, 12:58 PM   #3

Z-top thread - Jan Bauer

Z-top thread

A unique, outstanding build with a lot of attention to detail.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:10 PM   #4
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
A complete redo on my 1998.

So the build begins...
Old 03-25-2019, 11:54 AM   #5

Hi everyone, just giving you guys a quick update. We're planning on closing submissions soon, so make sure to get your build thread submissions and nominations in before it's too late!

Also remember to post an update: in order to be eligible for the DIY build contest you must update to your thread on or after March 8, 2019!
Old 04-16-2019, 12:23 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Thank you to those that have submitted so far, we're really enjoying reading and seeing the builds.

Our DIY build contest is still going but will be ending soon. Please submit your projects for a chance to win up a $1,000, $500, or $250 gift card for Pelican Parts!

Closed Thread