Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
Here’s a pic of the Caractere skirts with your side vents. They kind of compliment each other. Good luck locating a set of the Caractere skirts however.

o

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh these would be great for me. Who had tgem in Poland? I actually know some parts guys in Poland oddly enough.

Thanks for the pics.

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:55 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Oh these would be great for me. Who had tgem in Poland? I actually know some parts guys in Poland oddly enough.

Thanks for the pics.
You’re welcome! It was some site I came across during my search. It was in Polish only. I’ll see if I can find the link. LLTek in Canada still has them listed on their site, but they said they did not have any and could not get any more when I contacted them. They’re not listed on the Caractere site but it might be worth a call to them anyway (they’re in Belgium IIRC).
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 11-11-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
You’re welcome! It was some site I came across during my search. It was in Polish only. I’ll see if I can find the link. LLTek in Canada still has them listed on their site, but they said they did not have any and could not get any more when I contacted them. They’re not listed on the Caractere site but it might be worth a call to them anyway (they’re in Belgium IIRC).
Found the link, they’re in Romania not Poland:

Praguri laterale Caractere | Porsche Boxter 986

Best I can tell they are listed ‘in stock’. The description says they are polyurethane (PUR)
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 11-11-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #64
MWS

If your going "all-in", what about installing "scoops" over your new vent covers? I was thinking that the idea of the scoop would help solve the issue of the bottom "non-holes" but still give the look your going for. Using google, I found a couple pics of a scoops installed with skirts, I'd post the pic but didn't want to violate any rights....just google "987 gt4 side scoops" (the best image was from planet9 I think).

Again, not really my taste, but I'll admit the pic of the Cayman with the scoops and skirts looked pretty darn good.

Edit....link to amazon for reference (add the a)
mazon.com/Side-scoops-air-Intakes-Cayman/dp/B01MTYUV41

Last edited by MWS; 11-11-2018 at 10:44 AM.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote