Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2018, 08:08 AM   #1

Tracking down Fault codes

Team,

I need some help on some fault code issues. Recently I had some serious misfires on the 99 Boxster. It was misfiring so badly that it would barely run. I replaced all the plugs and coils, and now it runs great, but I have a CEL on with the following codes:

P0102
P0112
P0154
P0302
P1318

I know several of these indicate misfires, which I believe may be holdovers, but with the two MAF codes and the Oxy sensor code I'm wondering if there is a common thread, or if they also could be holdovers.

Timeline: Within last 100 miles - new coils, filled up with gas, misfiring gone, but CEL on.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Aanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:13 AM   #2

Garage
You did clear all codes didn't you?
mgfranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:04 AM   #3

I tried, I'm trying to use an SCT tuner to clear the codes (my code reader was recently stolen), and its not recognizing that there are CEL codes.
Aanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanic View Post
Team,

I need some help on some fault code issues. Recently I had some serious misfires on the 99 Boxster. It was misfiring so badly that it would barely run. I replaced all the plugs and coils, and now it runs great, but I have a CEL on with the following codes:

P0102
P0112
P0154
P0302
P1318

I know several of these indicate misfires, which I believe may be holdovers, but with the two MAF codes and the Oxy sensor code I'm wondering if there is a common thread, or if they also could be holdovers.

Timeline: Within last 100 miles - new coils, filled up with gas, misfiring gone, but CEL on.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron
P0102: MAF sensor, below lower limit; break in wiring, short to ground
P0112: Intake air temp below lower limit; faulty sensor, short to ground, break in wiring
P0154: O2 sensor ahead of cat on bank 2; sensor failure, wiring harness problem
P0302: Misfire on cylinder 2
P1318: No such code
Old 10-29-2018, 11:04 AM   #5

Garage
What's the name of the document that breaks down all the trouble codes and gives you the troubleshooting steps for each? I'd like to get my hands on it because I know I'll be in the same position as the OP sooner or later!
Boleador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boleador View Post
What's the name of the document that breaks down all the trouble codes and gives you the troubleshooting steps for each? I'd like to get my hands on it because I know I'll be in the same position as the OP sooner or later!
You need the factory OBD II manual, now out of print, it sold for around $2K when it was released.