Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #1

Engine issue

Is there a way to free up a stuck or seized 1998 boxster engine thats been sitting for years. Any way to get Marvels oil inside the spark plug holes, being the cylinders are sideways?

Thank you

mykelamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelamy View Post
Is there a way to free up a stuck or seized 1998 boxster engine thats been sitting for years. Any way to get Marvels oil inside the spark plug holes, being the cylinders are sideways?

Thank you
It will not coat all of the surfaces, but a pump oil can with a flexible spout will get oil in.

Or a spray can of penetrating oil with a plastic tube.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #3
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelamy View Post

Thank you
Have you tried to use a socket on the crank pulley to see if you can move the crank by hand. Yank the plugs and give it a try. You could squirt some oil in the cylinders and see if you can rotate the engine over and over several times. If you free it up by hand, then I would see if the starter will turn the engine over without the spark plugs. By doing so it should build up some oil pressure thus lubricating engine parts.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
You have two Threads open regarding seized engine Use one or the other not both.... I didn't see what you had already done in your other thread you started, or my post would have read different.

Last edited by Lew; 07-22-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:38 AM   #5
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
You have two Threads open regarding seized engine Use one or the other not both.... I didn't see what you had already done in your other thread you started, or my post would have read different.
mykelamy: As Lew has implied, You will get better advice and it will be a lot easier for people to help you if you continue posting in one of you original threads instead of multiple separate posts all related to the same issue.

Do you know how to find your old posts?
There are several ways, but I'll typically (on a PC) click on a user name to go to a profile, then click "statistics", then "find all posts..." or "find all threads..."

If we had an active moderator on this forum, your multiple threads would be combined or deleted.