Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2018, 06:50 PM   #21

I bought the 911 today.
Seller must of thought I offered $19K and countered at $19.1K. I accepted.
I have a file full of invoices from local indy from back to 2014, including invoices from previous owner. Clean Carfax with the exception of a bump to the passenger side bumper guard in May of 2009. The damage was so minor that the guard was not repaired. I will replace or repair it.

So I think I know why owner wanted to sell, beyond getting a CPO Cayenne GTS. The PO owned the car for just over 3 years and spent $10.1K on maintenance. He drove the car ~3,500 miles.
There is not a scary receipt in the pile. Top hydraulics, plugs and coils, AOS. Clutch, LN IMS and RMS (500 miles ago). Lots of oil changes at $220 a pop. Seat bolster replaced (looks great) for $660. New top liner for $880. Tires replaced by earlier PO are 3 years and 6K miles ago.

Its crazy. There is nothing on the list that scares me. Most of the items I could have done myself if they really needed doing. Who know? Great looking car and seems to run great.

Even got a very nice all weather cover and the Dempsey 101 project book.

The headlights need a good polish...

I'll post a pic when I get a chance. Truly hate to sell the Boxster but I won't keep both. I may try to keep it in the family if I can!

dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #22

Garage
Congrats! I’m looking forward to the pictures
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:42 PM   #23

New toy...
Old 05-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #24

Nice looking car and a heck of a deal.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:47 PM   #25

Nice! Congrats! Looks like a Box with a big a$$! Can’t be a bad thing!
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:44 PM   #26

Congrates, nice looking ride. Looking forward to a run down on driving differences after you have had a chance to drive it some.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:29 AM   #27

Thank you. No driving today as I pulled the headlamp assemblies to have them polished. I've done the whole wet sand polish and seal and was alway happy with the results although it never seemed to last too long.

A few years back, I took a chance on having a local shop (AC and general repair) clean the lights on my wife's 350Z Roadster. The shop uses a 'professional' 3M kit. All I can say was that the lights looked great. I waited about 6 months and the lights still looked great, despite the car sitting outside day and night. I decided to have the shop do my Boxster. It's been 3 years and the Boxster's headlamp assemblies still look new.

The 911 is in great shape, but I could tell the lights needed attention to really make it pop. I pulled the assemblies and dropped them off today. I'll have them back either late today or sometime tomorrow. I'll post a pick once I've put it back together.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:21 PM   #28

Old 05-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #29

Old 05-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #30

Still haven't made any effort to sell the Boxster other than swapping the tag to the 911 and removing insurance. Box is sitting in the garage while I figure it all out. So for the 911 has been the little bit I've driven it. Can't tell you that I can actually feel the extra HP but that's more a function of how I drive. I'm glad I bought it and don't think I'll get hurt messing around with it. Just not sure exactly how I feel about it all.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:56 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
Just not sure exactly how I feel about it all.
Looks Great. Drive it for a few months and enjoy it, do not over analyze it. Later in the summer you should be able to better decide what to do if anything. Lastly, DO NOT let others decide for you; your money, your car, your decision........

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote