Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2018, 06:23 PM   #1
2007 Cayman S

Brake Line Problems

Hi fellas - could use some help and advice please. I am a modest DIY guy and so today I decided to replace the brake hoses on my 02 Base Boxster with new braided stainless steel hoses. I soaked all of the nuts for several hours with plenty of Blaster and even using the proper flare wrench I managed to strip two of the nuts. They’re on different corners of the car but they happen to be the same lower connection point closest to the caliper. Even if I can figure out a way to get the nuts off, most likely with vice grips, I don’t know how I would ever tighten them back up. So I’m wondering if anybody has any ideas and, secondly, is the hard line available that runs from the back of the caliber the short distance up to where the lower part of the new brake hose connects. I’ve talked to Woody and he does not sell those separately from the calipers. So, any advice or any ideas would be appreciated. It was supposed to be a fairly easy project! Thanks.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
Certified Boxster Addict

Brake hose to caliper lines here: https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/1049/POR_1049_BRKHYD_pg3.htm

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 04-21-2018 at 08:10 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote