Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #1

New Member SSR GT3

Does anyone have any SSR GT3 rims for sale in the satin color. Also would anyone know if this size will fit on a 99 boxster SSR GT3 19" - satin inner - polished lip - with new 245/35 ZR19 fronts - 275/30 ZR19 rears Ventus Sport K104's. 5 lug - off 02 M3.

Thanks

deeznutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #2
KronixSpeed

ssr gt3 rims are really nice. i really really wanted to buy those rims. i heard that they are being dis-continued, i could be wrong. but tire and rack had them on sale in the winter/spring and were getting rid of them(last of the lot). i had a chance to buy a set of used ones, but they were on rubber and the rear rubber was somewhere in the 305 size or something like that (911 rubber). n they wouldnt obviously sell me just the rims.

those tires sizes seem fine. you would have to put a spacer on the front and rear. i know my 235 on the front is really close to the strut and if you want to put a 245, you will need a spacer. i have 275s on the rear and have a 7mm spacer also to clear the strut.

not sure what you mean by this "Ventus Sport K104's. 5 lug - off 02 M3". is it the brand name of the rubber...not sure doesnt really matter to me.

i just wanted to say, that i really really like these rims that you want.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:54 PM   #3

The reason they are discontinued is that they are highly prone to breakage, particularly on the track or under stress similar to what a track would exert.

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote