Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the garage...
Posts: 1,565
Talking Faux-lding Tow Hooks OMG :D :D :D

OMG - absolutely one of funniest things I've ever seen on fleabay:



$4.73 - Faux-lding Tow Hook

$14.07 - A more expensive Faux-lding Tow Hook


$61.84 - Deluxe 10pc set of Faux-lding Tow Hooks
In case you want to put one on EVERY panel of a Boxster - Bwahahah!!!

Cannot believe someone took time to even think of let alone people actually bought!?!?

Even JC Whitney would be embarrassed to sell such an item

What absolutely ridiculous car items have you found on fleabay?
__________________
"Cool Prius!"
- Nobody
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 92262
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post
OMG - absolutely one of funniest things I've ever seen on fleabay:



$4.73 - Faux-lding Tow Hook

$14.07 - A more expensive Faux-lding Tow Hook


$61.84 - Deluxe 10pc set of Faux-lding Tow Hooks
In case you want to put one on EVERY panel of a Boxster - Bwahahah!!!

Cannot believe someone took time to even think of let alone people actually bought!?!?

Even JC Whitney would be embarrassed to sell such an item

What absolutely ridiculous car items have you found on fleabay?
In their defense:

"We will carefully test every item before shipment.
The quality is guaranteed!"
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
Custom User Title Here
 
particlewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 5,953
Garage
Well, it is plastic, so you can save weight over a steel or aluminum tow hook.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
Custom User Title Here
 
particlewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 5,953
Garage
For the money, you really can't beat these classic 987 magnetic side vent decals.
Unfortunately, they don't seem to be on eBay anymore.
Attached Images
 
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #5
MWS
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
For the money, you really can't beat these classic 987 magnetic side vent decals.
Unfortunately, they don't seem to be on eBay anymore.
Why? I mean... WHY? W H Y ???
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:54 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 61
tow hook

One of the other forums I check out from time to time has a thread "cars ruined by bad taste" Here's one of my contributions. It's a BMW that someone El Camino'd.




Last edited by Twin headlight Ernie; 12-08-2017 at 05:56 AM.
Twin headlight Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:50 AM   #7
On the slippery slope
 
JayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,332
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin headlight Ernie View Post
One of the other forums I check out from time to time has a thread "cars ruined by bad taste" Here's one of my contributions. It's a BMW that someone El Camino'd.



that's actually kind of cool
__________________
2004 Boxster S 6 speed - DRL relay hack, Polaris AutoTop DIY
2004 996 Targa Tip
Instructor - San Diego region, 2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2013 C300, 2010 Jetta 2011 Mazda 3, 1998 Windstar - Dog van , 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Edmonton,Alberta
Posts: 288
Imagine the disappointment when the next owner hooks on
__________________
__________________________
'58 356A coupe, just a driver
'00 Boxster S fair weather - daily driver
'11 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - winter daily driver
'92 F250 - junk hauler; previous Porsches '95 993;'08 Cayman S;'70 911E
356Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:11 AM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Iowa
Posts: 23
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
that's actually kind of cool
Could use some faux hooks...
bockster75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 6
Talking

Gota love the tail lights on the Beeeeemer! If the looks don't stop ya they will.
Faux Hook Do I call the Faux Truck??
jsmedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page