Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #1

Anybody running Dansk 2nd Cat Bypass Pipes?

Looking to hear if anybody has them and what their experience was with them? The Tiptronic in our 2002 is seemingly posing some fitment issues with some pipes out there. Thanks for any comments you have.
Regards

77'911s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #2

See pictures in post no. 49 here: Fabspeed Bypass Pipe-Any Experiences Welcomed.

Guaranteed to fit properly!
Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:06 PM   #3

Maybe I'll give them(Dansk) a try. Tried TopSpeed version(low cost, fits only manual cars) and Fabspeed (waay too short and Fabspeed would not help other then weld extensions on??). Hoping to find a set that fits the car. Thanks for the response.
Regards
Old 12-06-2017, 06:20 AM   #4

Well, each to their own, I suppose.

But since you seem quite frustrated by some perceived poor fitment issues with your past aftermarket part attempts, why would you not want to just modify the OEM's, which you know will fit exactly as they should?

If you might not want to modify your originals for whatever reason, the usual suspects here can offer you a used set to work with, so that you can safety remove and store your originals.

DM
Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:56 AM   #5

That's not a bad idea, but we don't have anyone around here that can do that type of work.
Regards
Old 12-06-2017, 07:16 AM   #6
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77'911s View Post
Maybe I'll give them(Dansk) a try. Tried TopSpeed version(low cost, fits only manual cars) and Fabspeed (waay too short and Fabspeed would not help other then weld extensions on??). Hoping to find a set that fits the car. Thanks for the response.
Regards
I'm running Top Speed secondary cat delete pipes on my 2003 Boxster S Tiptronic. How do they not fit?
Old 12-06-2017, 09:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
I'm running Top Speed secondary cat delete pipes on my 2003 Boxster S Tiptronic. How do they not fit?
Hits the flange for the trans mount. I could not even get the the flange by the 1st cat to button up flush. The angle is off that much. The guy at Top Speed was exceedingly nice and pleasant, offered a couple alternatives(IE have exhaust shop heat and bend pipe, or refund). Unfortunately, we don't have a shop here that can handle this car in that manner. I just shipped them back, so we'll see. He had other customers with Tiptronic gearboxes with the same issue. It's much wider then the Manual trans. I can confirm that, as I've replaced the cooler hoses. Uugh. There is no space, period.
Regards
Old 12-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
I had the same problem with my 04 S Tip. Topspeed was kind enough to accept a return. Ended up with custom made pipes made by my friend.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eicheldp View Post
I had the same problem with my 04 S Tip. Topspeed was kind enough to accept a return. Ended up with custom made pipes made by my friend.
Surprised you didn't go with Fabspeed since they are in your back yard. Wish your friend was in the PNW. ; )
Regards
Old 12-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #10
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Hits the flange for the trans mount. I could not even get the the flange by the 1st cat to button up flush. The angle is off that much. The guy at Top Speed was exceedingly nice and pleasant, offered a couple alternatives(IE have exhaust shop heat and bend pipe, or refund). Unfortunately, we don't have a shop here that can handle this car in that manner. I just shipped them back, so we'll see. He had other customers with Tiptronic gearboxes with the same issue. It's much wider then the Manual trans. I can confirm that, as I've replaced the cooler hoses. Uugh. There is no space, period.
Regards
I had zero issues bolting up with my Tiptronic trans. Guess I got lucky and received a properly angled set.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Surprised you didn't go with Fabspeed since they are in your back yard. Wish your friend was in the PNW. ; )
Regards
I wasn't willing to spend the amount of money that Fabspeed wanted for their pipes.