Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 04:36 AM   #1

Will GPS Navigation Unit fit to 03-04 boxster ?

Hey there, I was considering all my option to upgrade the cdr 23 radio of my facelift 986. It seems I don't have many options available since I've been told that this model uses different wiring and so on. So I was thinking maybe to buy the Navigation- CD player head unit ( I.e https://www.ebay.com/itm/03-04-Porsche-911-Boxster-Bose-Radio-Cd-Gps-Navigation-99664223406-BZQ261-/ )

Will this fit in my vehicle ? Also how will I know if I have the BOSE audio ? What about installation costs?

Thanks!

Last edited by Lacostas; 12-05-2017 at 04:39 AM.
Lacostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #2
"50 Years of 550 Spyder"

You don’t want that.

Your choices are to either replace the whole shooting match with a double DIN nav head unit, or install the “iSimple” Bluetooth dongle and then mount your smart phone on the dash with an air vent clamp or the Rennline magnetic mount or one of those articulated arms that bolts to your seat rail, and the buy the $50 Garmin app or use google maps or waze or Apple maps for your smart phone.

I did the last one. I use the Garmin app. Works a treat as the Brit’s say.

550 SE #310---"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote