Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #1
2 fast 4 U

Brake booster vacuum Line leak

I have a leak in the brake booster vacuum line. When I took apart the line at the connector where it goes into the intake I noticed there are 2 o rings one inside the white check valve and one on the piece that screws into to intake. Does anyone know the part numbers for these 2 o rings. The arrows point to where the o rings are located.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:13 AM   #2

if you dont get an answer here you can always send an email to Pelican customer service and they will track down the part for you. they are very good and get back to you within a day normally.

good luck!
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:27 AM   #3

I assume you need the O ring for the part on the intake manifold, which is 99970116340, or part #4 on the Intake Diagram. I replaced that vacuum hose that runs to the front of the car, and didn't recall seeing any O ring inside the tube. If you're talking about the white plastic C clip that secures it to the intake manifold, it's 99923051240 on the Underbody Vacuum Line diagram. It's not shown on the diagram, but pretty sure it's the C clip that secures part #22, the vacuum line, to the intake manifold.

hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #4
2 fast 4 U

there is actually an o ring inside the white plastic piece that is connected to the tube. I suspect that the o ring is worn and causing a vacuum leak I can actually hear it leaking when I giggle the part.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:05 PM   #5

My vacuum line at the white connector broke off. From what I can tell it seems the 1999 Boxster factory unit is a two foot long, one-piece line attached to the white valve. But in the diagram the white valve is listed separately and looks like it may have some kind of a compression fitting to attach to the existing hose? I just need to know if I get the new while valve and can I make the connection to the old hose, or do I need to replace the hose/white valve as an assembly? And I already know the o-ring to the manifold needs to be replaced.
Timbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:35 AM   #6

Garage
brake vacuum booster line connector

REF your query on your brake booster vac line connector...
Mine has broken also. Did you ever find a source? In examining mine, I can see it is a 15mm John Guest push-in fitting. It's Saturday today so contacting JG has to wait till Monday earliest.
BOOTLEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #7

Well it was three years ago, I believe I replaced the two-foot section and it was about $80 if I recall.

Timbert is offline   Reply With Quote