Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #1

Problem with lights

My rear driver side tail light and driver side side marker lights are not functioning. While I'm not exactly "mechanically inclined", I did try changing out the bulbs with no luck. Rear fog lights and turn signals work on both sides. Any thoughts or suggestions before I bring her in to the stealership?

joshuaalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:37 AM   #2

Same problem

Just purchased a 2000 Boxster S with the same problem.
There were some burned out bulbs on the passenger side and when I replaced them, the drivers side taillight and side marker stopped working. The dealer said to check the driver side socket on the the passenger side connector to check if the socket assy is OK. All the bulbs worked OK when I plugged it in on the passenger side.
There is no voltage to the driver side taillight and side marker. All the other bulbs work fine on the drivers side.
What gets me, is that the driver side worked fine until I replaced the bulbs on the passenger side.
Did you ever resolve this problem?

**** Turned out to be the fuses on the drivers side.********

Last edited by Spinnaker; 05-13-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Fixed the problem
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote