Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2017, 02:49 PM   #1

"Modernize" the old radio - Boxster 03'

Hey guys,

I was just googling about some LCD/Pioneer audio players formy 986 facelift model, cause the Old radio that it has, is a bit.."ugly". Anyone knows any good option, post here!

Thanks

Lacostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:37 PM   #2

A 03 has the MOST bus so any normal upgrades won't work. You will need to basically bypass the fiber cable by removing the OEM head unit and amp. I put an Alpine HU/Alpine Amp and treated it like a new install and ran new wiring. I cut the OEM amp wiring and spliced in the new Amp so I could use the OEM speaker wiring. All work great. There is a place called CAI (https://cai-store.com/) that sells the equipment and most importantly wiring harnesses. The cost is a little high but the harnesses and support make it very easy to do.
achillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:27 PM   #3

Crutchfield.com in VA as they have kits and extensive experience. Just enter the details of your make and model year and they will show you options. They actually do installs and are used to P-cars.

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote