Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northbrook,Illinois
Posts: 161
Unhappy Last year accident (need help)

Last year I got an accident and slam to another car, it was my fault because I made a short left turn (me idiot). My side fender was smashed and had to buy a new one. His car was not even damaged, just a scratch and he is driving a crappy toyota. No one got injured, no ambulance, just the cop. Today, I received a mail claiming that he was injured and wants me to pay $875.00 which is bull****************. The guy is a lawyer and just want money.. He probably thinks im rich cuz I drive a Boxster, well not really. Remember this is from last year and I received a mail today 2006.

If I remember this right, there is a cop member in this board?

I need a suggestion what I should do?

redman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #2
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 3,011
That should be handled by your insurance (assuming that you have it). You shouldn't have to do anything but talk to your agent.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where the Sewer Meets the Sea, CA. USA
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
^^^ I agree, if your insured, your insurance covers Medical bills that the person might have, And if the person claiming to be injured cannot provide proof of his injuries then your insurance company will deny his claim and you wont have anything to worry about....I wonder why they sent the letter to you and not your insurance company.
--Proud Boxster Owner/Tech,

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MARLTON, NJ
Posts: 539
Definately contact your insurance company provided it is the same as at the time of the accident. Your liability coverage will pay for any damaged caused by you as well as any bodily injury presented by the other driver. If they are injured truthfully, their personal auto insurance should pay their medical bills. PIP coverage pays medical bills incurred by the insured in an accident. It may be a small issue that you did not report the claim at the time of the loss, but if the damage is minor it shouldnt be a problem. Just contact your carrier and forward the attorneys letter so they can handle it.

Best of luck!
Joe DiMonte
2001 Boxster S
Triple Black
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #5
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northbrook,Illinois
Posts: 161
Thank you guys, that helped a lot. I went to sleep just to get over it, i'm really that pissed.

redman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page