Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2017, 08:13 PM   #1

Semi-overheating

Hello,

I have a 02 Boxster. I noticed that the tem gauge sits in the "0" I think it is normal.

Last edited by aurg92; 12-21-2017 at 03:47 AM.
aurg92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:34 PM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Hitting the middle/right of the 0 in 180 is normal, especially in traffic. However, both fans should be running with the AC on. The radiator fans are unrelated to the AC condensers, so it should not affect the AC temp. It could be a few things. Check the fuses first, then the relays (see if they click when activated), if it's not that it may be the fan ballast resistor, which is a common issue.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:28 AM   #3

Garage
I had similar concern with my 99. I found the right fan was not working at all and left fan only working on low speed. Replaced both fans, cleaned out the radiators and it improved but not 100%. I then changed water pump and replaced the thermostat with a low temp one. I found the old thermostat was not working properly. To be on the safe side I also added S center radiator and a 996 bumper. Car runs consistently cooler. I added mesh to bumper opening to stop road debris from getting to radiators.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:55 AM   #4

Have a proper look in your radiators. When i bought my boxster it was running a little hot found that there was 1+ Kg of leaves and crap piled against the radiator. Also pop your bleed valve for a drive, that should also relieve some heat

Cobalt986 is offline   Reply With Quote