986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Cayman S (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/6882-cayman-s.html)

TerryB 07-26-2006 01:57 PM

Cayman S

I've sold my beloved Boxster S to my son and bought a Cayman S.

I just got it 2 weeks ago and thought I would share it with you guys.

One of the pics shows my son begging to drive the new car!!

First I will show you the 04 Boxster that my son got at a steal and then my new Caymans S. It is black basalt with stone grey interior, interior carbon fiber trim, leather sport seats, 19" Carrera classic wheels, ACC, Bose system, chrome exhaust.

I hope the pics come through

NickCats 07-26-2006 02:00 PM

Beautiful Car ! Congrats and enjoy !

Wish my Dad was cool enough to sell me a hand me down Boxster...

bmussatti 07-26-2006 02:01 PM

Very nice!

Don't forget to update your signature.

bmussatti 07-26-2006 02:04 PM

TerryB, is this your first Black car?

It will be a lot harder to keep clean vs. your ex-Artic Silver Boxster S!!

Your Boxster looks great, you son is very lucky!

Brucelee 07-26-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryB
I've sold my beloved Boxster S to my son and bought a Cayman S.

I just got it 2 weeks ago and thought I would share it with you guys.

One of the pics shows my son begging to drive the new car!!

First I will show you the 04 Boxster that my son got at a steal and then my new Caymans S. It is black basalt with stone grey interior, interior carbon fiber trim, leather sport seats, 19" Carrera classic wheels, ACC, Bose system, chrome exhaust.

I hope the pics come through

Both cars are stunning! You have great taste in selecting options and colors.

Best of luck!

TerryB 07-26-2006 02:09 PM

Yes, it is my first black but I have had dark colors in the past.
I knew what was ahead of me and I'm ready and willing to spend time detailing.
I actually love it! I'm retired and enjoy spending time with this car!!!

bmussatti 07-26-2006 02:16 PM

What wax products are you going to go with? I love my Zaino.

TerryB 07-26-2006 02:21 PM

bmussatti

Boy is that a good question. I used Klasse on the Boxster and was very happy with it. But, I belong to a cayman forum called caymanclub and the vast majority of them use Zaino. So, I might try it.

With either system...do you think I should apply immediately. It seems to have good protection now.

Terry

bmussatti 07-26-2006 02:23 PM

I think the sooner the better!

Don't forget to do the leather too...and some spray protectant for the floor mats.

bmussatti 07-26-2006 02:28 PM

If you go Zaino I would:

1) Wash with Z7 (you don't need to clay or do the DAWN wash)
2) A few coats (1-3) of Z2- you don't need the Z5 because you should not have any swirl marks
3) Maybe use the Z6 between the coats of Z2

Good luck! :)

TerryB 07-26-2006 02:54 PM

All super advice. That is why I will continue to monitor this forum.

Where should I buy Zaino?

bmussatti 07-26-2006 02:56 PM

www.zainobros.com

bmussatti 07-26-2006 03:02 PM

One more thought.

Get those beautiful Carrera Classics cleaned-up (may need wheel cleaner the first time) and covered with a couple coats of wax. Then all you need is soap (Z7) and water to keep em looking good. Wax the red calipers too.

I don't even use wheel cleaner anymore. The dirt just rolls off with soap and water after a few coats of wax (I am using the HighTech ZX or FX something from Mequires). The wheel cleaners strip off the wax! Once a month I re-wax the wheels.

TerryB 07-26-2006 03:06 PM

Here is a short impression of my Boxster vs my Cayman:

The Cayman is definitely more powerful but not extemely so. However, it seems to handle better. It hugs better and just feels more substantial. I'm still in break-in...so haven't really put it through its paces.

The sound is awesome. It just growls and vibrates more than the Box. I love the sound!!!

I get more stares, comments and waves when I drive around town. It is a little more fun to drive the Cayman because people notice it more. I have a lot of people lower their window at a light and comment. I've had people come to my door because they saw the Cayman in the driveway and want to check it out. I know this is hubris....but still fun!!

xclusivecar 07-26-2006 03:16 PM

Beautiful car!!!

Zaino the car ASAP...ALL of the car...like stated earlier, do the wheels (and INSIDE the wheels!), calipers, you name it! :cheers:

TerryB 07-26-2006 03:58 PM

By the way...I de-ambered the sides on both cars.

ohioboxster 07-26-2006 05:40 PM

Sweet! Man those are both nice rides.

fab 07-27-2006 03:07 AM

It’s a beautiful car...have fun! I wish it came in a convertible. Maybe the next round Porsche might put out a convertible version.

Was it a Cayman car that Sharon Stone was driving in the beginning of the movie "basic instinct 2"?

Rail26 07-27-2006 05:09 AM

If it came in a convertible...wouldn't it basically be a '07 Boxster?

Porschekid 07-27-2006 07:21 AM

Beautiful car man.... looks like a monster. :cheers: