Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions
Register Garage FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where the Sewer Meets the Sea, CA. USA
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Be thankful you werent Hammered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail26
There I was...minding my own business driving down loop 101 in Scotsdale after visiting the Porsche dealer and buying some goodies. Two weeks later (tonight) I get a nice little letter in the mail with a sweet looking Porsche and my smiling mug in the picture. It was a ticket for 78 in a 65. Apparently, Scotsdale has sensors in the road that trigger if you are going too fast and set off a camera. There is no warning or signs. What kind of crap is that? Where is the game? Where is the state patrol with radar gun mono y mono of the old days? This is like deer hunting with a high powered rifle....157 clam ticket. Was I speeding yes? Was this a fair way to catch me? NO!
CJ_Boxster is offline  
Old 07-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
Smile

"Was this a fair way to catch me? NO!"

Where is it written that the police have to be fair in making an arrest or issuing a citation?

They do however, have to follow due process.
__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline  
Old 07-21-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where the Sewer Meets the Sea, CA. USA
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
theres that little law that says when a police officer is going to bust you for speeding, they cannot be camoflauged...they have to be in view of the approching vehicle that is being watched by the PD. Its along the lines of intrapment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
"Was this a fair way to catch me? NO!"

Where is it written that the police have to be fair in making an arrest or issuing a citation?

They do however, have to follow due process.
CJ_Boxster is offline  
Old 07-21-2006, 03:38 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Annapolis Maryland
Posts: 1,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
theres that little law that says when a police officer is going to bust you for speeding, they cannot be camoflauged...they have to be in view of the approching vehicle that is being watched by the PD. Its along the lines of intrapment

Sorry dude...no such law.

Somehow, I've contracted a headache. I can't imagine how. I'm going to take two Tylenol. Why two? Well, because that's what the sign on the bottle says. You guys in Anarchyville take as many as you deem appropriate...12, 14, whatever.
Grizzly is offline  
Old 07-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where the Sewer Meets the Sea, CA. USA
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
LOL well its good to not speed anyways, lol.
CJ_Boxster is offline  
Old 07-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Rail26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,147
I just finished up my defensive driving course. They had it at a comedy club and the guy giving the class was hilarious! I was sitting next to a lady that was laughing so hard she farted. I don't mean a little one cheek sneak...I'm talking full on "the cruise ship is ready to dock" fart. I was laughing so hard I started crying...it was the best 75 clams I ever spent. I erased the ticket and my insurance actually went down 5%.

I can't believe I started this debate. I am going to no longer check this post. Just to clear up the air, I got caught speeding. Oh well. I wasn't speeding in a school zone, squirrel crossing, tricycle zone or any other wacky stuff you all were talking about. I was on a loop in the middle of the desert outside of Phoenix on a Sunday morning. I was just ticked that there was no sign...yeah yeah...speed limits signs were posted, but in Europe and Korea there are camera signs. Once I again I got caught...I speed and I pay the consequences. I don't think I am a turd or a criminal or a irresponsible person or whatever else was said. I had fun cruising at a responsible speed and will continue my love affair with this amazing vehicle. I will see you hallway monitors in traffic court.
__________________
'05 987 Basalt Black/Sand Beige
5 spd, 18" wheels
AH-64 Apache
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline  
Old 07-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,052
Hallway Monitors...
__________________
2005 Seal Grey Boxster S
987 Amberectomy
eslai is offline  
Closed Thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page