Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 196
Bad Influence

I just need to let you know what a bad influence all of you have been on my life...I used to think I kept my car clean, now after reading all of the detailing information here I can not spend less than 4-5 hours cleaning the car and I am still not at the "level" that some of you are at....thanks... I guess I really did not understand about proper paint/exterior care until I read about it here..

On the bright side I am amazed on how much better high quality products are than the cheap stuff..I recently completed a 5 hour rubdown with Klasse ALL-IN-ONE and followed up with the High Gloss Sealant Glaze..and WOW! It seems the car stays cleaner and looks better longer...it makes a huge difference.

IowaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new york
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaS
I just need to let you know what a bad influence all of you have been on my life...I used to think I kept my car clean, now after reading all of the detailing information here I can not spend less than 4-5 hours cleaning the car and I am still not at the "level" that some of you are at....thanks... I guess I really did not understand about proper paint/exterior care until I read about it here..

On the bright side I am amazed on how much better high quality products are than the cheap stuff..I recently completed a 5 hour rubdown with Klasse ALL-IN-ONE and followed up with the High Gloss Sealant Glaze..and WOW! It seems the car stays cleaner and looks better longer...it makes a huge difference.
5 hrs? why don't you just bring your car to your local detailer.

the only time a guy should do a rubdown is with his gal...
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheracer
5 hrs? why don't you just bring your car to your local detailer.

the only time a guy should do a rubdown is with his gal...
I'm sure there are some very good detailers out there, but I have heard more than enough horror stories to make it much more worth my while (and my sanity) to do the detailing myself. Maybe I'm just paranoid/overprotective...
__________________
http://static.flickr.com/44/184071948_ba6c714e40.jpg
"Float like a Cadillac, sting like a Beemer."
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 196
2 reasons I do it myself:

1. I actually enjoy it.
2. On a Tuesday night with the kid in bed (I cant really leave the house...), put a game on the radio, grab a beverage and hang in the garage....what else should I do...clean the house?
IowaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
Posts: 104
Just think of it as exercise with instant results!
__________________
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...i-IMG_2016.jpg
Engineered to Outperform!

986 silver boxster
E46 TiAg ///M3
92 red miata
boxsterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:09 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new york
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsterx
Just think of it as exercise with instant results!

Porsche Detail Karate " WAX ON WAX OFF "
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
Klasse is great stuff.
__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new york
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaS
2 reasons I do it myself:

1. I actually enjoy it.
2. On a Tuesday night with the kid in bed (I cant really leave the house...), put a game on the radio, grab a beverage and hang in the garage....what else should I do...clean the house?

This is one reason why owners of BMW have more sex.

porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page