Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2017, 12:59 PM   #1

Shipping help needed

Hi guys,

I've previously bought a couple of race track decals from a website called trackdecals.com. Whenever I drive on a new track, I buy a track outline sticker to put on my car. So far I've only driven on two real race tracks, so my car has two decals.

Next sunday (june 18th) I'll be driving on a new track, and I'd very much like to get a decal for that one as well. Unfortunately, Track Decals have decided to change the shipping costs. The decal I want to buy costs $4.99. Last year shipping to Sweden was $1.97, which is reasonable. But not anymore...

Yes! It's $12.83!!!
For some reason, they think it's necessary to send it "First Class Package International". What ever happened to dropping it in an envelope and sending it with regular mail?

So... Is there anyone located in the US, that is willing to help me?
If you could buy the decal, receive it, put it in an envelope with my name and address, put a stamp on it and send it to me, that would be highly appreciated.

The decal in question is a 3" version of Kinnekulle Ring in black.
https://www.trackdecals.com/products/kinnekulle-ring-decal?variant=330753361

Thanks in advance!
/Fredrik

Last edited by fridsten; 06-11-2017 at 01:01 PM.
fridsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 01:27 PM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
When you factor in the time it would take for the company to ship it to a US buyer, then the time it would take for that US buyer to ship it to you, there's no way you would have it by the 18th.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
On the slippery slope

Garage
They have some good pricing on numbers and decals. My experience (and others ) is they are incredibly slow shipping. Last order I made for some magnetic numbers took over 6 weeks to ship.

They never once answered an email or returned a phone call

Quality of the product was very good, 9 out of 10
customer service -986 out of 10

YMMV
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
When you factor in the time it would take for the company to ship it to a US buyer, then the time it would take for that US buyer to ship it to you, there's no way you would have it by the 18th.
I know. That's not a problem. I don't intend to put it on until after I've driven there, anyway. Time is of little importance.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:05 PM   #5

Nobody? 🙁
I guess I'll have to look harder for other options. They don't really answer their emails in a hurry...
Old 06-12-2017, 11:34 PM   #6
Custom User Title Here

Garage
I'll do it for you.
PM me your shipping address and which shipping option you want.
Looks like postage for a letter to Stockholm will be $1.10, so $6.09 + the shipping option you want.

Last edited by particlewave; 06-13-2017 at 12:08 AM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:45 AM   #7

Thanks a lot!
Old 06-27-2017, 01:29 AM   #8

Update: I got a reply from TrackDecals...
Quote:
Hey Fredrik, the price you are seeing is a direct wholesale quote for the items in an envelope with a stamp. That's our cost -- we make no profit on it. We had to start charging international customers what we actually pay because we were losing ~$15 on every order
Well... That doesn't seem right. If that's the case, how come particlewave is able to send it for $1.10?
Old 06-27-2017, 01:56 AM   #9

Dude, edit the company name, change it to ABC.Co at least. Have this company not included guidance/agreement for their communication? what does it read at the footer of their email? Should read s'thing like do-not-distribute lolll

Back to your question; TD runs a small business, therefore overheads apply in these circumstances. Their prices for logistics, pick-up, labels, box/env standards, staff that write your addy... etc etc is a bit different from Joe Sender's prices. All Adds Up quick.

I want race stickers for my doors also now :/ You are a bad influence
Old 06-27-2017, 03:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Dude, edit the company name, change it to ABC.Co at least. Have this company not included guidance/agreement for their communication? what does it read at the footer of their email? Should read s'thing like do-not-distribute lolll
There were no conditions mentioned in their communication.

Quote:
Back to your question; TD runs a small business, therefore overheads apply in these circumstances. Their prices for logistics, pick-up, labels, box/env standards, staff that write your addy... etc etc is a bit different from Joe Sender's prices. All Adds Up quick.
Perhaps... That's why I asked for information. If it's not possible for them to deliver to Sweden at a reasonable cost, it's a pity. However, I don't believe it's that much more work involved than shipping it within the US.

Quote:
I want race stickers for my doors also now :/ You are a bad influence
You should get them. I've removed my Porsche decals from the doors. My wife wasn't too fond of them. She thinks the car looks cuter without them, and since it's a cute car, not a cool one, they shouldn't be there...
Old 06-27-2017, 03:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridsten View Post
Perhaps... That's why I asked for information. If it's not possible for them to deliver to Sweden at a reasonable cost, it's a pity. However, I don't believe it's that much more work involved than shipping it within the US.
In the United States of America, it is what it is (I've heard loll). Not all that cheap but sh8te works at least

You should come to my china friend, although lawless and given a freedom leash, at least everything is affordable!!!!! Half of it doesn't work though

Enjoy the stickers
Old 06-27-2017, 03:43 AM   #12

TD wouldnt lie to you for $15, take their words

Great company. Support to our Best Petrol-heads Suppliers
Old 06-27-2017, 04:05 AM   #13

Quote:
TD wouldnt lie to you for $15, take their words

Great company. Support to our Best Petrol-heads Suppliers
I agree. That's why it's sad to see that shipping costs went through the roof. I still by from them...