Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2017, 11:08 AM   #21

I've used Hagerty quite a few times over the years for different cars and never had a problem, but I never had a claim either. Their rates seem very fair to me and having no deductible and an agreed value is nice. My premium was $278. for the year which expires in July with an agreed value of $8,000. They do want it garaged too I believe.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
If you don't mind, what are you paying just for the Boxster?
It's a combined policy. Call Hagerty. It can't t hurt! No mileage limits as long as you have a daily driver.
Blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:58 AM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidj View Post
Good to know. Are there any 'gotchas' with their offering, or is it like a 'normal' policy?

I recall a discount offering some 15 years ago (for classic car) that had strange requirements ...

No "gotchas" that I could see...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dulmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #24
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
It's a combined policy. Call Hagerty. It can't t hurt! No mileage limits as long as you have a daily driver.
Not sure if you read all the postings, I have called Hagerty and have a quote. I realize you have a combined policy, but you have to know what you are paying for each car.

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2017, 05:40 AM   #25

Garage
Has anyone actually had a claim with hagerty?

I've considered it for my boxster as I drive far less often in college and also do have another car in the family that I would argue I "daily" for running errands and such. However there is an age limit. So I'm asking for future Jake's sake.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
I worry about the limits you guys are citing.
I couldn't agree more with the statement. After 2 out of 3 cars I owned were involved in 5 accidents in 2016.

We up from 300/100 to 500/300. The last accident involved 3 cars hit by a Suburban. The driver only has the basic insurance which is insufficient to cover the property and medical damage. The case is still pending who gets what percentage. Th rest will be coming out from our own insurance State Farm.

Medical billing are still adding up. Make sure you have sufficient coverage for your own medical and run it through your health insurance first. You get better price and the health insurance will claim against the auto insurance.
moosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:39 PM   #27
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosport View Post
I couldn't agree more with the statement. After 2 out of 3 cars I owned were involved in 5 accidents in 2016.

We up from 300/100 to 500/300. The last accident involved 3 cars hit by a Suburban. The driver only has the basic insurance which is insufficient to cover the property and medical damage. The case is still pending who gets what percentage. Th rest will be coming out from our own insurance State Farm.

Medical billing are still adding up. Make sure you have sufficient coverage for your own medical and run it through your health insurance first. You get better price and the health insurance will claim against the auto insurance.
It's a good thing to raise the amount of Medical Insurance on your vehicles. I had a accident several years ago where I was rear ended and the car was totaled. I wound up in the hospital for a few days and my Medical paid all the bills. Not to mention my Attorney filed suit against the driver that hit me and I received a nice settlement. As for my increased Medical coverage on my vehicle, my attorney was able to get several thousand paid to me by my Insurance Company.....I might mention the suit was filed against StateFarm, and it's who I had insurance with.

As for the quote from Hagerty's, I called back and asked to raise the medical coverage from the their original quote, and the new limit only cost $15 per year.
With the cost of Hospitals today, Doctors, it's the ticket have plenty of medical coverage on your vehicles.