Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #1

Track Attack at the FIRM (North FL) this Saturday 7/15/2017

There are going to be a few Porsche folks going so I thought I would share this here in case any of the local folks (you know who you are) might want to go.

It is going to be hot, but since it is an open track format, I usually go out and run 5-6 hot laps (or more, depending on if I think the car is getting too hot) followed by 1-2 cooldown laps and then come in. I usually run 6-7 of these sessions in a day, it is plenty of track time and lots of laps.

The track is hot from 9-12 and then 1-4, so 6 hours of potential track time, so there is plenty of time to get lots of short sessions in, and in between you can ride with other folks, etc...

If you have never been before, call to get the first timer discount. I get a $50 credit for referring people, but I have so many of them already that I am not sure I can get any more, but you can mention my name (Steve D) if you sign up.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/track-attack-june-24th-florida-intl-rally-msport-park-firm-895198

(Ignore the June 24th in the URL, this is the right link)

Open Track Days (Track Attack Weekend)

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/249308372222485/

Quote:
Come to The FIRM for our Track Attack on July 15th!

PRE-REGISTERED PRICING
Full Day: $199
Half Day: $125

DAY OF PRICING
Full Day: $249
Half Day: $150

Half Day Track Passes are for a 1-4pm session only!
Half Day Track Pass holders must arrive at 12pm for vehicle tech and a driver's meeting.

Bring your car, a SA2010 or newer helmet, long pants, and closed toe shoes.

We want to pay you $50 to refer a friend to an Open Track Day , that's right, you get $50 bucks off a Track Day, and we will give them 50% off!! first time ONLY. If they have been here before they won't qualify. Please contact our staff to redeem your incentive. 352 473 2999

We also allow passengers - $25
Guests & Crew are $10 each

Want to maximize your driving potential?
Ask one of our on-site instructors for an on track 20 minute session only $75.

On-line registration ends at 11PM the night before the event after which you will have to register at the event. If you are new to MotorsportReg.com, you only have to create your account once. Once your account is created, you can register for future events both here at the FIRM or at many other driving, racing and riding groups with a click of a few buttons.

Open Track Day Schedule:
7:30am gates open*
8:00am – 8:30 vehicle tech
8:30 mandatory drivers meeting
9:00 – 11:55am track open.
noon until 1:00pm track closed for lunch
1:00 pm – 4:00 track open
5:00pm gates closed
Of special note is this 50% off blurb for first timers to the FIRM:

Quote:
We want to pay you $50 to refer a friend to an Open Track Day , that's right, you get $50 bucks off a Track Day, and we will give them 50% off!! first time ONLY. If they have been here before they won't qualify. Please contact our staff to redeem your incentive. 352 473 2999
It says long pants but that is only "recommended", you can wear shorts.

steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #2

Note that sometime this fall, with more planning, and when it is cooler, I am going to see if I can plan an event when Porsches take over The FIRM. So if you can't make this one, be ready, there will be another one in a few months.... Maybe November?
Old 07-24-2017, 06:19 AM   #3

I am travelling this week to Seattle so I am going to have some time in my hotel to put together a "greatest hits" of this very hot track day, but here is a preview, I had a little "whoops" moment going into 8, as I was running down a white BMW.

https://youtu.be/mUdh5vLpl0g

I have really wide feet, and very occasionally, usually in the first session before I am fully warmed up, sometimes my right foot accidentally presses on my throttle pedal extension. Usually it is very minor, but sometimes I really get on it like here, and I wonder "Why aren't my brakes working right". Combined with my trying out a slightly later brake point, and I went off.... You can hear the engine rev up when I go to the clutch, and I am like "ugggggg". I think I may ditch the extension, or maybe move it over so it doesn't extend past the edge of the pedal (since I don't really need an extension at this point, but I do like the smooth metal feel of the pedal)
Old 07-24-2017, 10:42 AM   #4
On the slippery slope

Garage
Nice Steve

I find with the factory pedals, heal/toe is no problem

2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote