Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #1

Avoid/Beware of eBay seller Deutsche Parts USA.

Last year I bought 2 sets of drop links from the eBay seller Deutsche Parts USA.
The rubber boots have cracked/torn on all four. Two were out of the stated one-year warranty. I emailed them on the pair that were still under warranty (by a month) and their response was that the boots can be replaced and it will take two weeks to order. No offer of replacement of the drop links. No response to my email about the damage that could already have taken place with dirt/etc getting to the exposed ball joint. No boots after two weeks. No reply to my emails.

derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #2

Yes, stay away from DeutscheParts, and their "Hamburg Technic" parts line. I bought a Boxster water pump from them which (like all of their parts) is listed on Ebay as OEM. They did not mention the "Hamburg Technic" brand name on Ebay, probably because of its very poor reputation. Just Google "Hamburg Technic" to see what I mean. When I received the pump, it was clear that the metal impeller that they were so proud of was just a blantant copy of the original plastic impeller, but cast in metal. It even had the same mold marks as the stock plastic impeller.

The only positive thing I can say about them is that they promptly refunded my money (less shipping) when I sent the part back, still new in the box. They know exactly what they are doing: they provided the refund by voiding my Ebay purchase, presumably so that I could not leave any feedback on the shaky brand name and poor quality of the part.

* 9x7 short shifter * Pedro's enthusiast mount * Carrera Ltw. wheels * Stebro bypass pipes
* M030 coming soon! *
Blue-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #3

I had a horrible experience with them too. I ordered an ignition switch from them. Turned out to be faulty part, and poor design. I sent it back with a pre-approved RMA number, and they never refunded me.

After contacting him to notify him of the situation, all he offered was "store credit" towards my next purchase. I wasted extra money on the paying for the original part, original shipping costs, along with return shipping... totally not cool..

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:21 AM   #4

I've got their drop links all the way around too. Ever since Derb told me about his problem, I've been too pissed off to pull a wheel and have a look.

I bet mine are cracked too.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:08 AM   #5

Whew! This is timely as I'm about to order some drop links. Where should I get replacements from? Sunset, Suncoast, etc?
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:11 AM   #6

As a superior alternative to these or the OEM Porsche drop links Tarret makes a great set of adjustable end links - very durable but pretty expensive. Suncoast carries them.
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #7

I stuck this thread to help others avoid this seller. IMO, Ebay does a poor job of this on their own.

Caveat Emptor.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #8

Well, I got a surprise yesterday. I walked into my garage a UPS had left a package. Hmmm, I'm not expecting anything.
Lo and behold.... 2 new drop links.
Must have been the "You guys suck" start to my last email to them that turned them around.
Still, buyer beware.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #9

I ordered 2 drop link kits from them and was happy my noise was gone....but not for long that was feb of 2008 now 15 months latter all four the boots are ripped and the noise is back and worse than ever.
boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:15 AM   #10

I forgot to post that when I opened the plastic bag that one of the drop links was is the boot was already torn. I couldn't believe it.
Seller said they are contacting their supplier as to why the boots are failing. Also said not to send it back and implied I'll get another one once they hear from the supplier.

We'll see...
Old 05-17-2009, 06:15 AM   #11

Mike, do you think I should go ahead and buy Porsche drop links when I find the cash and just swap mine out with factory ones?

I have no desire to mess with DP through eBay for replacements when the new ones will probably crack as well.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:23 AM   #12

If you need them now, probably. I'm going to wait and see what the manufacturer says.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #13

I bought a set of these drop links off ebay from him about a year ago ,we had it on the lift tonight ,and sure enough I noticed my boots are cracked also
rd400rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:29 AM   #14

Derb, I finally check one of my front drop links. Cracked.

I'm going to email them through eBay and ask for replacements. I don't know though if I want to put their replacements on the car just to see it happen again if the bushing material is the same as the ones I have on the car now. I'd rather buy OEM ones for a little more and not be concerned for a few years.

I'd love opinions though... put Deutchse parts replacements on if they send them to me, or go back to OEM?

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 08-02-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #15

Randall, good luck getting them to respond. They haven't returned my emails. If you do manage to get a new pair from them I'd put them on- can't hurt to use them until they fail. Then get some OEMs.
I was wondering if heat shrink tubing would work over the boots.

BTW, they are still selling these links on eBay.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #16

Heard back from Deutsche Parts USA through eBay. They said they'd be happy to replace all four of my drop links, even out of warranty (1 year).

Derb, I'm wondering if they ever got your messages.

I will report back when I actually get them.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #17

I am a power seller on eBay since 2003 ,He emailed me back and said the drop links were out of warranty since they were over a year old so he would do nothing for me, I can not believe he said or will replace all yours for free
Old 08-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #18

I got no response from them to an eBay message last Sunday. Maybe Randall was nicer in his request. Like I said in an earlier post, I did initially get a replacement pair but one of them had a torn boot right out of the package. They didn't want it back and said they were going to contact their supplier regarding the failures. I didn't even ask for all four to be replaced because the rear ones were past 1 year when I noticed that they had failed.
I'm glad for Randall (he hasn't got the replacements yet), but these guys suck.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #19

Send a message via ICQ to silver2syllable
Arrow I am surprise to have caught this forum....

I am new to this 986 forum. After reading other post speaking about Ebay, I can't disagree with many complainment you have gotten here and will get if you never order there.

I have got information from another Porsche owner whom referred me to Sunset Porsche. I was very happy with overall in this dealer. I am sure you will too....

During the start of the summer, I had to get alarm box and new key fob for my Porsche. I took it down to local dealership. I was told it would cost me $500 for alarm box and $200 key fob plus $135 to programmed the both items. Total $835 plus tax. I was not too happy with this. I went to Sunset Porsche bought alarm box $250 and key fob $96. I took it back to same dealership and had it program there for $135. Total $481 Keep in mind, Sunset Porsche only sell OEM product. I am very much happy of the service and product I have gotten from Sunset Porsche. Not to mention Ebay, I won't be getting the OEM product in good condition and a lot of more problem with Sellers.

If you all ever decided to get any parts for your Porsche, give Sunset Porsche a call. You will be glad you did. I have no trouble with any of my recent purchases.
silver2syllable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:14 AM   #20

sunset deutsch parts guy ebay

I just checked that deutsche parts guy on ebay he has had 63 negatives and 59 neutrals for feedback in the past 12 months that's a lot for selling new parts really should not be much to complain about selling new stuff ,by the way I just bought a maf sensor for my 98 box ,sunset wanted $369 way expensive ,I bought it from ******************************** for $169 same bosh part #