Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #1

cannot open frunk/tunk/gas door. details inside.

Ok, I had an incident with the CLU a while back. It got wet, I managed to get it cleaned up and with a little effort managed to get my car running again and almost everything working fine.

However,since this incident, the only things that haven't "fixed themselves" is the frunk/trunk cannot be opened with the levers inside of the car (have to use cable in front and keyfob in rear) I also have to use the manual cable to open the gas door.

Does anyone have enough experience with this to not throw darts at the situation or alternative ideas to it just being a "CLU failure?"

Is there some magic sequence of button pushes / key turns that reset this system? A fuse?

I can lock/unlock the car with the fob. I can drive the car, the top works fine (though is needing replacement soon), the windows work fine.

This is an annoying problem, and I'm hoping someone has an answer that doesn't include "new clu" -- that's a hell of an investment to make a couple levers work, and it really is a shame the CLU is located in the absolute worst place you could put anything important in a convertible .
hazardc is offline   Reply With Quote