Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 12:24 PM   #21
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Beautiful car and great find. It sounds like you are well read on the maintenance and upkeep, but make sure that you took care of all the things that degrade with time rather than miles. Original tires? - they may look good, but old tires can be deadly at speed. Consider changing the water pump and serpentine belt. There's been some discussions in the last year or two and there may be a good complete list. Maybe a lube for the top mechanism and window regulators too as a preventative - the parts are likely good, but grease is dry or gone. Maybe just prompt your shop about what else could be effected by age rather than miles.

Not trying to be a downer at all, just remembering stories from some other very low mile cars.
Nice pics & Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-22-2017, 12:47 PM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Beautiful car and great find. It sounds like you are well read on the maintenance and upkeep, but make sure that you took care of all the things that degrade with time rather than miles. Original tires? - they may look good, but old tires can be deadly at speed. Consider changing the water pump and serpentine belt. There's been some discussions in the last year or two and there may be a good complete list. Maybe a lube for the top mechanism and window regulators too as a preventative - the parts are likely good, but grease is dry or gone. Maybe just prompt your shop about what else could be effected by age rather than miles.

Not trying to be a downer at all, just remembering stories from some other very low mile cars.
Nice pics & Welcome to the forum!
No I appreciate the advice. Seriously I do. I literally told my guy to take the car and change anything and everything that looks like it needs. He went over the car well and said everything looks great.
Insuranceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuranceman View Post
But just met the former owners wife. She gave me the cover, extra floor mats, hardtop stand, and hardtop cover and some other things.
Very cool and classy thing to do!

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by grc0456 View Post
Nice link! My car (Base 03) would have stickered out just shy of $48k, not included destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mine was about $68K!
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:46 PM   #25

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
Very cool and classy thing to do!

I thought so too. She was extremely nice and said her husband loved that car. As soon as she saw me she asked are you enjoying the Porsche. She gave me a brand new bra,the car cover, extra set of floor mats, the hard top stand, a VHS tape that came with the car in a box, and a Porsche sun shade.

I was getting ready to order a cover too! Got my touch up paint on the way. Purchased the center caps, and Porsche emblem valve stem covers and have already put them on.

Insuranceman is offline   Reply With Quote