Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
I am No. 1348

Garage
Anyone use any of these Radio upgrade Kits?

I'm looking to upgrade the radio in my 2004 box. Anyone order and install using one of these installation kits from CAI-STORE?

https://cai-store.com/pages/install-how-to-articles-for-996-986

Thanks
Al

Old 01-15-2017, 09:14 AM   #2

It is just a nicely put together assembly of $60 worth of parts all for the low price of $199. If you don't feel like searching for the individual pieces just pay the extra $140 they want and it will work great.
bwdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:27 AM   #3

I used that and other harnesses made by them for a new amp etc. Great quality...great customer service....I found it well worth the $$$ to do my 03 with MOST.
achillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
I am No. 1348

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdz View Post
It is just a nicely put together assembly of $60 worth of parts all for the low price of $199. If you don't feel like searching for the individual pieces just pay the extra $140 they want and it will work great.
I initially thought about the cost of the individual parts, but they build the wiring harness for you $25, supply the cage, face plate, a new cubby, and bat wing. Plus they supply step-by-step directions especially for the MOST retro-fit which tells me they have experience with this setup and can support the installation during my install. I guess you pay for confidence and support as well.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
I initially thought about the cost of the individual parts, but they build the wiring harness for you $25, supply the cage, face plate, a new cubby, and bat wing. Plus they supply step-by-step directions especially for the MOST retro-fit which tells me they have experience with this setup and can support the installation during my install. I guess you pay for confidence and support as well.
Exactly, if you don't feel like spending a bunch of time and want a sure thing just go for it. Personally I am the swap meet kind of guy who loves a deal on the car or parts (heck, including the purchase price of my 64k mile Boxster I don't have $1500 into the whole car as I sold all the extras it came with that I don't use)

bwdz is offline   Reply With Quote