Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2006, 10:24 PM   #1

need help searching for a boxster

I have been a loyal Honda owner for about 11yrs now and would like a change. My problem is that Boxsters are not affordable and are excessively overpriced locally. I am wondering if any of u can shoot me some links for some of your local classified ads.

PS: I have checked craig's list and autotrader. I am more looking for links to where people advertise their cars locally for u guys.

specivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by specivic
I have been a loyal Honda owner for about 11yrs now and would like a change. My problem is that Boxsters are not affordable and are excessively overpriced locally. I am wondering if any of u can shoot me some links for some of your local classified ads.

PS: I have checked craig's list and autotrader. I am more looking for links to where people advertise their cars locally for u guys.
Many newspapers use cars.com for internet listing of cars. That and Autotrader should give you a good idea of regional price variations.

I'd caution that if you're looking for a vehicle that's going to be as inexpensive to operate mile for mile as your Honda, this may not be the right car.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:59 AM   #3
lwc

Oklahoma Foreign has a '99 for less than $14M.

Link to: http://www.oklahomaforeign.com/detail.asp?ID=613
lwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:45 AM   #4

There's a low-mileage 97 available on the forum right now for $17k...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Many newspapers use cars.com for internet listing of cars. That and Autotrader should give you a good idea of regional price variations.

I'd caution that if you're looking for a vehicle that's going to be as inexpensive to operate mile for mile as your Honda, this may not be the right car.
what says that I am looking for something that is as reasonable to operate as Hondas? Honestly, I am @ the point in my life where I am married but dont have kids yet and would like to enjoy a "supercar" or something like it b4 that adventure in life is reached. I have always wanted a 911 (for about 20yrs) but that is a car which will never fit my budget so why not get the next best thing like it!

specivic is offline   Reply With Quote