Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2016, 03:57 PM   #1

Hip pain & the orthopedic surgeon

So I've had my Boxster about a month. After about 5 days my right hip has been progressively sore to the point I have been reducing my driving time. I have tried various foam pads and bought a few from Amazon $9 to 26.00. The only luck was from Academy Sports, a seat pad to take to ball games.

The other day I had a follow up apt with orthopedic surgeon for shoulder. I asked him about my hip since I had a new car. He came over as I was sitting on the table and examined my hip as said does it hurt here, “yes” here “yes”. What kind a car? I said Porsche, he said me too and have the same pain. Being you sit so low in the seat and gets wider as it moves up put more pressure on the “blah, blah, blah. You need to get your but higher up so the hip has less pressure on it. My DD is a BMW suv and no problem. I measured and its shallower and wider hence no pain.

So I have been working on a but lift to higher or wider hip space. Don’t have a final one yet but making progress. When I looked at the Age & Profession thread it seemed like my owners where in the more mature age range like myself. I found it hard to believe I was the only one experiencing this.

fanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #2

Came to report spam based on the title, turns out I was wrong, haha! Can't help I'm afraid, I'm a 'spritely' 43 and all my butt pain is from way too long stuck in front of a computer, no problems from the car seat, but I hope you get it sorted.

oldskool73 is offline   Reply With Quote